GAINSCO Auto Insurance markets non-standard private passenger automobile products through retail agencies, in Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, Oklahoma, Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, Tennessee, Alabama, Utah, Ohio, and Virginia. GAINSCO Auto Insurance has fully integrated insurance capabilities, including marketing, underwriting, customer service and claims handling. Our operations are bilingual (English/Spanish).
Due to company growth, GAINSCO Auto Insurance has an immediate opening for a System Engineer, IT. We are looking for driven individuals who want career advancement and the opportunity to make a significant impact on our leading organization.
By joining GAINSCO, you will become part of a dynamic and growing organization that has been recognized as one of the in Dallas and Miami. In 2015, the GAINSCO Dallas home office was one of only 150 companies in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area to be recognized by the Dallas Morning News as a Top Workplace 2015. The Miami office was also recognized as one of the Top 35 Workplaces in its size category.
Our culture attracts engaged individuals who have a desire to contribute and succeed in a dynamic, exciting and growing team environment. Our culture encourages individuals to grow their skills as they build their careers. Come join us and become a champion with GAINSCO.
Job Purpose: Design, deploy, support and maintain all server, storage, operating system and applications in all Gainsco technology environments.
Essential Job Results:
Design, deploy, support and maintain all server, storage, operating system and applications in production and pre-production environments. Ensure smooth system operation of responsible systems by implementing configurations based on proven best practices and adherence to departmental standards; troubleshoot and resolve system and application outages quickly and efficiently in mission critical environments; manage servers, including database, email, print and backup servers and their associated operating systems and software; develop, implement, document and maintain policies, procedures, and associated training plans for system administration usage, and disaster recovery; develop and maintain monitoring and alerting profiles; execute maintenance and deployment activities and a part of promotions of code to production environment during off hour maintenance windows.
- Ensure infrastructure documentation availability and increase understanding by creating and maintaining documentation as it relates to systems configuration, logical mapping of processes and service records; produce guidance to junior members of the team.
- Manage Infrastructure assets by maintaining system component inventory and related documentation as well as technical specifications information; oversee new and existing equipment, hardware and software upgrades; Interact and negotiate with vendors, outsourcers and contractors to secure products and services.
- Ensure systems are optimized by conducting research on infrastructure products, services, protocols, and standards to remain abreast of emerging technologies
- Help ensure network security and maximize uptime and availability by participating in all network security solutions; perform server and security audits; perform system backups and recovery.
Required skills for the role:
- Strong Knowledge and experience with supporting Microsoft Office 365
- Hands on experience with Intune and Microsoft Azure
- Active Directory and Group Policy administration (5+ years)
- Exchange administration (5+ years)
- VMware administration (5+ years)
- Experience with CommVault and storage management
- Understanding of advanced network architecture principles and network management best practices, including a foundation in network security.
- Experience in presenting to both technical and management teams, including the ability to lead technical meetings and discussions.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently and in a collaborative team environment
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical discipline
Experience: 7 years of IT experience, 5 Microsoft Windows Server Architecture and Admin experience.
Other: Ability to be on-call 24/7, preferred strong automation background.
Office Equipment and Software: Computer, telephone, calculator, Copier, Scanner, Fax Machine, Internet, AS400, CommVault, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, Outlook,
Compensation: Competitive salary commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits package: medical, dental, vision insurance, life insurance, short term and long term disability insurance, 401K, paid vacation and holidays.
GAINSCO is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
About Gainsco Auto Insurance
GAINSCO Auto Insurance markets non-standard private passenger automobile products through retail agencies, in Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, Oklahoma, Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, and Virginia. GAINSCO Auto Insurance has fully integrated insurance capabilities, including marketing, underwriting, customer service and claims handling. Our operations are bilingual (English/Spanish). If you are looking for a strong stable company with a fast paced environment this is the place for you. At GAINSCO Auto Insurance we take pride in our employees and recognize the importance of strengthening and expanding their skills so they can grow as we grow. We offer an excellent benefits package to our full time employees, which include: Paid Vacation and Holidays; Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance; Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability; Life and AD&D Insurance; 401k Retirement Savings Plan.