Underwriter- Primary Casualty
Underwriter- Primary Casualty
Hallmark Financial Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: HALL) is a specialty property and casualty insurer focused on niche commercial and personal lines coverages. The three segments within Hallmark distribute a diverse and balanced portfolio of specialty products to our target customers through either wholesale or retail channels
Hallmark knows that our most valuable resource is our people and that our growth and success depends on the strength of our team. We take pride in our workforce and believe in cultivating an atmosphere that supports and values our greatest asset: talent.
Hallmark Financials E&S Casualty business unit provides the expertise and personalized services to offer specialized Casualty Liability solutions for small to medium- sized enterprise and hard-to-place risks for the wholesale broker market. As an Underwriter, you will evaluate, analyze and price risks associated with general liability coverages submitted from our appointed wholesale brokers.
- Determine the acceptability, quality and profitability of new and existing accounts based on company underwriting guidelines and objectives. Secure facultative reinsurance where required. Adhere to Surplus Lines regulations.
- Develop insurance proposals with appropriate pricing information, limits, terms and forms and obtain management approval where required.
- Ensure underwriting and service standards are met on assigned accounts.
- Meet with assigned brokers in assigned territory to discuss company risk appetite, solicit new business opportunties, promote other lines of business written by company, develop information on competitor companies and attend required industry events.
- Contributes to the development of underwriters, underwriter assistants, marketing plans, product analysis, services, geographic focus and market/broker intelligence.
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with other members of the team to broaden knowledge of the product line and/or technical knowledge of pricing.
- Perform related duties as required by Underwriting Guidelines and as requested such as report preparation, presentations and special projects as assigned.
- Bachelors degree from a four-year college or university; or 2-5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrate excellent communication, marketing skills and superior customer service.
- Detail oriented with the ability to work in a team environment and be flexible to daily changing needs and job duties.
- Extensive knowledge of commercial casualty products, insurance operations, finance and actuarial concepts, regulatory environment, reinsurance, account management, underwriting and producer management. Understands the Surplus Lines requirements of primary general liability.
- Ability to understand other lines of business of company, promote other lines of business and the company brand.
- Good organization and effective time management
- Self-motivated and independent
- Strong working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Access and other related software packages.
- Knowledge base supported by participation in continuing education such as ASLI, Are, CPCU, CIC and other industry supported seminars.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Insurance related course work