AVP, Casualty Underwriting
AVP, Casualty Underwriting
Hallmark Financial Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: HALL) is a specialty property and casualty insurer focused on niche commercial and personal lines coverages. The three segments within Hallmark distribute a diverse and balanced portfolio of specialty products to our target customers through either wholesale or retail channels Hallmark knows that our most valuable resource is our people and that our growth and success depends on the strength of our team. We take pride in our workforce and believe in cultivating an atmosphere that supports and values our greatest asset: talent.
Position Title: AVP, Casualty Underwriting
Position Summary: Evaluate, analyze and price risk associated with excess liability coverage through distribution from wholesale brokers.
- Determines the acceptability, quality and profitability of new and existing business based on company underwriting guidelines and objectives.
- Develop insurance proposals, prepare policies and endorsements, obtain required underwriting approvals where needed
- Ensure underwriting and service standards are met on assigned accounts
- Travel to conduct broker marketing meetings and attend industry events as determined by management
- Contributes to the development of underwriting staff, marketing plans, product analysis, services, geographic focus and broker intelligence.
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with other members of the team to broaden knowledge of the product line and/or technical knowledge of pricing
- Performs related duties as required under Underwriting Guidelines and as requested to include report preparation, presentations, and special projects to assist the excess liability team
Education, Experience, Knowledge and Skills:
- Bachelors degree from a four-year college or university; or 5-10 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrate excellent communication, marketing skills and superior customer service.
- Detail oriented with the ability to work in a team environment and be flexible to daily changing needs and job duties.
- Extensive knowledge of commercial casualty products in the Excess & Surplus lines market, insurance operations, finance and actuarial concepts, regulatory environment, reinsurance, account management, underwriting and producer management.
- Ability to understand other lines of business of company, promote other lines of business and the company brand.
- Strong math skills
- Good organization and effective time management
- Self-motivated and independent
- Strong working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Access and other related software packages.
- Knowledge base supported by participation in continuing education such as ASLI, Are, CPCU, CIC and other industry supported seminars.