Field Property Claims Team Manager
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. Thats why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, youll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession. We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more, please visit https://www.libertymutualgroup.com/about-lm/careers/benefits
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDGs Insider Pro and Computerworlds 2020 list.
We have been named by Forbes as one of Americas Best Employers for Women and one of Americas Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of Americas Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veterans status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Advance your career at Liberty Mutual - A Fortune 100 Company!
Are you looking for an opportunity to lead a claims team with a responsible company that has consistently outpaced the industry in year over year growth? Liberty Mutual Insurance has an excellent claims management opportunity available.
A Claims Team Manager coaches and develops a team of 5-8 claims representatives/specialists responsible for the management, investigation, and resolution of claims, ensuring a high quality work product, while continuously developing talent by assisting with the selection of top talent. The Team Manager promotes a culture of claims customer service excellence where all are committed to providing a differentiated customer experience.
This position can be located in Portland, OR, Seattle, WA or Spokane, WA
- Leads and develops a team of representatives/specialists ensuring the quality, accuracy, and timely resolution of claims that may include high exposure/complex cases. Continuously develops talent by creating opportunities for direct reports to grow and strengthen new skills.
- Promotes claims customer service excellence by building empathy and passion for the customer experience that meets or exceeds customer expectations.
- Proactively assists in selecting top talent, delivering continuous coaching, and rewarding and recognizing employees to reinforce behavior that ensure service excellence.
- Monitors the work of team members to ensure reserves are adequately set and customer expectations are surpassed. Analyzes any problematic trends and takes steps to avoid recurrence, appropriately escalating issues if needed. Promotes a culture committed to identifying process efficiencies to continuously improve how work is completed.
- Resolves customer complaints, problems and coverage questions which cannot be handled by team members. Collaborates effectively with internal and external stakeholders including existing policyholders, the business community and governmental agencies, to ensure compliance with regulatory and company standards.
- Promotes and advocates business unit goals and objectives, ensuring alignment with broader claims functional goals.
- Supervisory, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Comprehensive knowledge of legal liability, general insurance policy coverage and the State`s Tort Laws.
- Licensing required in some states.
- 5-7 years directly related work experience, Bachelor`s degree preferred.