Credit Analyst, Global Fixed Income
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. Thats why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, youll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession. We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more, please visit https://www.libertymutualgroup.com/about-lm/careers/benefits
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDGs Insider Pro and Computerworlds 2020 list.
We have been named by Forbes as one of Americas Best Employers for Women and one of Americas Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of Americas Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veterans status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Advance your career at Liberty Mutual Insurance a Fortune 100 Company!
Liberty Mutual Investments (LMI) manages Liberty Mutual Insurance Groups (LMIG) global financial assets across global and private domains to build capital and generate income. With over $80 billion in AUM and staffed with 250-plus investment, finance and operations professionals located in Boston, Mass., we offer the best of both worlds the look and feel of a boutique investment firm and the reputation and financial strength of a global leader.
LMI has been on a transformation path to spur innovation, capitalize on deep expertise and scale its returns on long-term flexible capital through a one firm, one portfolio, one team mindset. Our operating model is built on three pillars: centralized portfolio construction, asset management and investment-enabling services. The teams are structured as Investment Business Units (IBUs) working in concert: Strategy & Asset Allocation, Risk Management, Global Fixed Income, Global Partnerships & Innovation and Investment Enabling Services (IES). Our portfolio spans a broad spectrum of public and private asset classes, and we are committed to expanding our capabilities and our toolkit in furtherance of our mission.
LMIG is proud to be recognized for a second time in 2019 as a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune magazine and as a Great Place to Work.
Liberty Mutual Investments (LMI) is seeking a Credit Analyst to join our Global Research team. Based in Boston, you will focus on either high yield or investment grade fixed income credits in a number of industries. You will also work independently to conduct fundamental research, build and maintain financial models, effectively communicating investment recommendations that supply maximum performance to our portfolio. Credit Analysts interact with Portfolio Managers, Traders and other investment professionals across our platform.
Responsibilities for this position will include the following:
- Creation and maintenance of detailed financial models to aid in analyzing existing and prospective investments
- Conducting analyses of financial results, evaluate management strategy and market positioning, quality of assets, deal structure and covenant analysis
- Monitoring and listening to relevant news, announcements, and conference calls
- Attending internal and external investment meetings
- Evaluate the technical, macroeconomic, political and regulatory factors that influence industry valuations
- Providing expertise that improves the research agenda of coverage area as well as written research and maintenance reports on companies
- Effective thematic dissemination communication: share insights on thematic issues and trends in your industries across various audiences a key part of the role
- A minimum of 2 to 5 years of professional experience, a portion of which should include fixed income credit analysis experience in an investment environment.
- A real passion for analyzing credit investment opportunities is required
- An undergraduate degree with a strong academic record; courses or experience in financial analysis preferred
- Strong analytical and communication skills: comfortable speaking up in cross-asset class meetings a must
- Proven organizational and time management skills as well as ability to work well in a dynamic culture.
- Strict attention to detail and strong work ethic
- Curiosity, a capacity for differentiated thinking and perspective, and a growth mindset
- Ability to take risk and try new things.