GRS General Adjuster, Complex Commercial Property Claims
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. Thats why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, youll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession. We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more, please visit https://www.libertymutualgroup.com/about-lm/careers/benefits
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDGs Insider Pro and Computerworlds 2020 list.
We have been named by Forbes as one of Americas Best Employers for Women and one of Americas Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of Americas Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veterans status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.Advance your Claims career at Liberty Mutual Insurance- A Fortune 100 Company! GRS Single Carrier Property is a fast-paced, specialized department that handles complex commercial property claims for our large National Insurance Commercial customers. Our goal in GRS Property is to deliver best-in-class service and outcomes through top quartile claim handling. A GRS Complex Adjuster handles large loss, complex, high exposure or unique issue claims that typically take an extended period of time to bring to resolution. Ensures proper coverage, reserves, file handling and settling of assigned cases. Estimates losses directly or working with consultants, independent adjusters and other experts to assess building, business income, heavy equipment, builders risk and other complex damages. Serves as a liaison to our broker and underwriting partners, with the goal of achieving excellence in customer service and elite underwriting. This position is located in Denver, CO but will travel along an 11-state region as needed. Responsibilities:
- Investigates claims to determine cause, determines scope and amount of loss, verifies coverage and recommends ultimate resolution on assigned cases. Resolves claims within authority, subsequent to Home Office determination of coverage. Identifies potential suspicious claims or possible third-party subrogation.
- Responsible for managing the practices and billing activities of outside counsel. Accountable for security of financial processing of claims, as well as security information contained in claims files.
- Ensures accurate reserves and adjusts as warranted. Recommends reserve increases on cases in excess of authority.
- Prepares for and attends trials, settlement conferences, and policyholder meetings. Present company position on coverage and disposition issues.
- Confers directly with policyholders on coverage and resolution issues pursuant to Home Office instructions.
- Analyzes assigned claims and plans for their investigation, may participate in training programs, conferences and departmental and intra-departmental meeting. Communicates regularly with excess carriers and reinsures on case status and development.
- Conducts inspection of loss on site, writes estimates for repairs. May work with contractors, building consultants or independent adjusters in the estimation process.
- Manages claims for business interruption and proactively manages the period of restoration. Other critical skills include: Leads special projects and assists the Product Team and Management with designing and implementing strategic organizational goals. Communicates effectively with all levels of customers, vendors and external stakeholders, in addition to peers and various levels of management.
- Applies critical thinking skills and sound judgment to various claim and business priorities, as assigned.
- Exercises a moderate level of autonomy in handling and reviewing assigned cases and completing special projects.
- Advanced knowledge of property and/or highly complex claims handling procedures, insurance operations; coverage evaluation; claims investigation, loss assessment and reserving, and negotiation and settlement.
- Other skills required; intermediate computer competencies to include Excel, ability to collaborate effectively through teamwork, seek excellence through achieving results, practice continuance improvement and have a customer service focus.
- Critical thinking skills and a desire for continuous improvement will be essential skills to succeed in this role. Bachelor's degree or equivalent; successful completion of required internal training programs; AIC (Associate in Claims) modules 33, 35, 36; and at least 10 years of progressively responsible experience. ARM (Associate in Risk Management) and or CPCU is a bonus. Estimating knowledge using Xactimate is required, CoreLogic (Symbility) is a plus, as are any Xactimate Level 1,2,3 certifications.
- Ability and willingness to travel for to the site of a catastrophe for assignments that may last several weeks. In addition, must be flexible to travel out of territory to assist other regions as needed.