Senior Software Engineer
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. Thats why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, youll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession. We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more, please visit https://www.libertymutualgroup.com/about-lm/careers/benefits
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDGs Insider Pro and Computerworlds 2020 list.
We have been named by Forbes as one of Americas Best Employers for Women and one of Americas Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of Americas Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veterans status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Senior Software Engineer - Private Investments
At Liberty Mutual, our mission is to make people feel secure and cared forincluding our employees. In line with our commitment to helping people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow, we provide an environment aimed at supporting you, championing you and helping you turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
If youre a curious learner who enjoys solving technical problems and developing high-visibility business solutions, then you may be a great fit for our Private Investment Tech team, where we develop software and programs that facilitate peace of mind for customers worldwide.
Collaborating in an agile environment, our software engineers work with internal business partners of the Private Investment teams, covering Private Equity, Real Estate and Natural Resources. This candidate is primarily focused on designing, developing and maintaining tools, systems, and analytics for our business partners while working within a scrum team. Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Work with Scrum Masters, Product Owners, and peer developers to iteratively create technical solutions that meet business and technical requirements
- Handle end-to-end development, including coding, testing, and debugging during each cycle, which adheres to the acceptance criteria
- Create and maintain technical documentation
- Participate in code reviews; identify defects and resolve collaboratively with the development team via Bitbucket
- Estimate size and Implementation of backlog items, translate into engineering design and logical units of work (tasks)
- Develop domain knowledge (Private Investment data and processes) and apply to the development of solutions while building positive relationships with key business partners
A bachelors degree in a technical or business discipline, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years' professional experience
- A proactive mindset and demonstrated initiative
- Strong oral and written communication skills, and an aptitude for working in teams
- A thorough knowledge of IT concepts, business operations, design and development tools, system architecture and technical standards, shared software concepts and layered solutions and designs
- Executive function skills: collaboration, adaptability, flexibility and the ability to prioritize your time and efforts
- Experience working with Agilemethodologies and cross-functional teams
- The ideal candidate will be dedicated, demonstrate initiative and be a logical thinker