Senior SAP Configuration Engineer
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. Thats why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, youll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession. We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more, please visit https://www.libertymutualgroup.com/about-lm/careers/benefits
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDGs Insider Pro and Computerworlds 2020 list.
We have been named by Forbes as one of Americas Best Employers for Women and one of Americas Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of Americas Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veterans status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
We deliver our customers peace of mind every day by helping them protect what they value most. Our passion for placing the customer at the center of everything we do is driving a transformational shift at Liberty Mutual. Operating as a tech startup within a Fortune 100 company, we are leading a digital disruption that will redefine how people experience insurance.
The Global Finance Technology team is looking to hire a Senior or Principle SAP Configuration Engineer to their team. Under limited supervision, this individual would be responsible for analyzing and configuring modules and programs within SAP S/4 Hana. This team is currently in the middle of a global implementation of SAP S/4 Hana in the East & West international markets so this role would entail supporting production users and configuration/testing/training to support onboarding new countries.
Seen as a technical expert within the team, this role analyzes complex technical problems and provides solutions while mentoring junior team members.
About the job:
Configures modules according to defined design specs & demonstrates a highly proficient understanding of transactions and major configuration options for a business process. Documents architecture development and standards. Identifies design elements of new business processes and package application design within a single business process. Identifies designs for functional and technical requirements (e.g., gap analysis, infrastructure, interfaces, reports, enhancements, and/or conversions). Identifies process improvements that address complex functional and package technology gaps within a single business process. Analyzes and prepares complex technology enabled recommendations to address gaps within a single business process. Develops complex test scripts and assists coordinating test transactional data creation. Identifies and researches complex testing defects. Uses testing tools successfully for components within a single module or business process within a mixed team. Supports pieces of the implementation process such as post implementation support, cutover plans, and transition planning.
- Bachelor or Master`s degree in technical or business discipline or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5+ years of SAP Configuration experience
- Strong oral and written communication & presentation skills; specifically, with end-users, internal and external technical individuals, and leadership teams
- Strong negotiation, facilitation and consensus building skills
- Experience providing production support including troubleshooting issues, requirements gathering and solution design for enhancement requests, as well as implementing the solution via configuration, etc.
- Extensive knowledge implementing SAP and FI/CO modules
- Experience doing hands-on configuration in FI-A/R, A/P, G/L, CM, etc. modules
- Advanced knowledge of general IT concepts, strategies, and methodologies
- Versed in diverse technologies and new technical architecture principles and concepts
- Extensive knowledge in layered systems architectures solutions and designs and shared software concepts
- Business function(s) and I/T industry business issues; extensive knowledge of business operations, strategies and objectives
- Strong in multiple programming languages and tools
- Extensive understanding of agile software development concepts and processes
- Must be proactive, demonstrate initiative and be a logical thinker
- Extensive consultative skills, including the ability to understand and apply customer requirements, including drawing out unforeseen implications and making recommendations for design, the ability to define design reasoning, understanding potential impacts of design requirements
- Extensive understanding of backlog tracking, burndown metrics, and incremental delivery, strong collaboration, prioritization, and adaptability skills required
Please note this is a range posting for a Senior or Principle level role and candidates will be considered for both and actual internal level/grade for this role will depend on the candidates overall experience and skill level.