Director, Private Structured Products
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. Thats why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, youll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession. We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more, please visit https://www.libertymutualgroup.com/about-lm/careers/benefits
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDGs Insider Pro and Computerworlds 2020 list.
We have been named by Forbes as one of Americas Best Employers for Women and one of Americas Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of Americas Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veterans status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Advance your career at Liberty Mutual Insurance a Fortune 100 Company!
Liberty Mutual Investments (LMI) manages Liberty Mutual Insurance Groups (LMIG) global financial assets across global and private domains to build capital and generate income. With over $80 billion in AUM and staffed with 250-plus investment, finance and operations professionals located in Boston, Mass., we offer the best of both worlds - the look and feel of a boutique investment firm and the reputation and financial strength of a global leader.
LMI has been on a transformation path to spur innovation, capitalize on deep expertise, and scale its returns on long-term flexible capital through a one firm, one portfolio, one team mindset. Our operating model is built on three pillars: centralized portfolio construction, asset management and investment-enabling services. The teams are structured as Investment business units (IBUs), working in concert: Strategy & Asset Allocation, Risk Management, Global Fixed Income, Global Partnerships & Innovation and Investment Enabling Services (IES). Our portfolio spans a broad spectrum of public and private asset classes, and we are committed to expanding our capabilities and our toolkit in furtherance of our mission.
LMIG is proud to be recognized for a second time in 2019 as a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune magazine and as a Great Place to Work.
Liberty Mutual Investments (LMI) is actively searching for a Director, Private Structured Products to join the Structured Products Group (SPG) within Global Fixed Income (GFI). In this role, you will focus on sourcing, underwriting, and executing private structured investments in close partnerships with Portfolio Managers, Analysts, and various other stakeholders.
- Source, underwrite, and execute private senior and subordinated structured investments across a wide range of asset classes (ABS/RMBS/CMBS/CLO), collateral types, and structures in close collaboration with public and private markets colleagues
- Work closely with SPG and GFI colleagues to analyze markets, opportunities, and risks to help inform relative value view for private structured investment opportunities
- Leverage existing relationships, develop new relationships, and collaborate with internal and external partners including banks, asset managers, and borrowers to source opportunities
Complete all aspects of investment origination, evaluation, and execution including
- Conducting research and generating investment ideas
- Conducting financial, operational, structural, and market due diligence
- Analyzing risks and structuring to mitigate risks while optimizing for legal, capital, regulatory, rating agency, and accounting considerations
- Negotiating deal terms and legal documentation
- Managing investments post-closing
- Experience on investment bank asset lending desk and / or buy side structured lending investment role
- Significant experience leading the negotiation of deal terms and structures with borrowers, lenders, rating agencies and investors
- Experience with a wide range of asset classes (ABS/RMBS/CMBS/CLO), collateral types, and structures including whole loans
- Deep industry relationships with experience managing relationships and establishing new relationships to help source new opportunities
- Advanced analytical knowledge and modeling capabilities
- Experience investing up and down capital stack (first lien, subordinated, equity)
- Comfortable establishing, presenting, and defending investment theses to investment committee
- Strong communication/interpersonal skills, and the ability to interact with a variety of investment and support professionals
- Bachelor's degree in finance, mathematics, or economics
- Seven to ten years of relevant industry experience