Actuarial Manager, PL Indications
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. Thats why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, youll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession. We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more, please visit https://www.libertymutualgroup.com/about-lm/careers/benefits
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDGs Insider Pro and Computerworlds 2020 list.
We have been named by Forbes as one of Americas Best Employers for Women and one of Americas Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of Americas Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veterans status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Are you looking to have a significant impact on the financial results of a Fortune 100 company? In this position, you will manage a team of 8 and be responsible for a variety of tasks for our Personal Auto and Homeowners lines of business, including researching and recommending alternate methodologies and enhanced processes for countrywide and state-level profit assessments and coordinating the delivery of rate level indications for all states. The position requires strong analytical abilities, creativity in problem solving, and developed managerial skills. It is also necessary to be able to take on full ownership and drive projects forward to completion. Solid communication skills are important to the role as there will be many interactions with other functional areas (e.g. Finance, Marketing, Distribution, Claims) and opportunities to present to senior management. This position plays a critical role in assessing the profitability of programs and coverages for all states and providing information to State Directors that will enable them to lead their states to profitable growth.
This role will manage a team of 8 analysts, overseeing advanced actuarial analyses in pricing and product development, and partnering with various other functions supporting internal actuarial profitability, Planning, rate revisions and countrywide rollouts.
Produces actuarially sound indications for PL lead lines at a countrywide and state level for the total book and new business in particular
Collaborates with Actuarial, Finance and other teams in Econ to refresh target combined ratios
Reviews and checks data to ensure accuracy of indications and assumptions
Leverages information from Product, Claims, and Actuarial to ensure premium and losses are developed and trended appropriately
Communicates findings and emerging trends to stakeholders
Attracts, manages and develops top talent
- Bachelor's degree required. Insurance designations desirable.
- Fellowship in the Casualty Actuarial Society (FCAS) designation strongly preferred, or comparable actuarial education/designation combined with relevant experience.
- Typically 7+ years of progressively more responsible experience, including supervisory experience.
- Strong analytical skills with solid understanding of all casualty actuarial techniques, standards, and assumptions.
- Strong knowledge of insurance operations and the procedures of Financial, Underwriting, Claims, Statistical, Information Technology, Legal, and Sales departments.
- Demonstrated ability to exchange ideas and convey complex information clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and build effective relationships within and outside the organization.
- Ability to give effective training and presentations to senior management and other groups
- Ability to lead and get work done through others. Ability to coach and develop staff members.