AVP, Auto LOB
Proactively manages a complex claims unit and an auto LOB unit in accordance with Company claim policies, practices and procedures within delegated authority. Responsible for the management of the Complex Claims Specialist and auto LOB unit; driving optimum claims outcomes, supporting operational goals and business objectives while delivering superior customer service to our policyholders and agents, all in support of our commitments to our stakeholders. All job duties and responsibilities must be carried out in compliance with applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
- Plans, controls and coordinates claims activity and workflow within claims unit/department in order to maintain the highest professional customer service and technical standards, and to ensure work is produced in a timely fashion and that all deadlines are met.
- Ensures the timely settlement of claims and maintains acceptable closing ratios for the department.
- Prepares operating budget for unit/department and monitors and controls expenses.
- Recommends claims procedural changes and plans, organizes and implements these changes in accordance with company guidelines. Keeps current on all changes affecting work production.
- Maintains override capability, authorizes settlements up to designated authority limits, and submits recommendations to designated officials for those claims in excess of authority level.
- Oversees combined loss ratio and productivity numbers and ensures they are in compliance with company standards.
- Oversees and controls allocated claims expenses.
- Provides performance management activities for personnel measured against business objectives and claims activity.
- Plans reviews and conducts claims reviews and settlement conferences.
- Mediates complaints and disputes regarding claim resolution.
- Legal degree preferred, but not required.
- College degree required
- 10+ years claims experience and 5+ years claims supervisory experience
- Multi-jurisdictional understanding of legal issues.
- Ability to lead a team of complex claims specialists who are technically experienced in severity claims. Strong people and
- management skills to properly performance manage staff
- Ability to analyze reports and trend analysis to identify issues
- Experience in complex coverage analysis and significant large loss evaluations, loss allocations;
- Superior communication, strategic thinking and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent presentation skills;
- Moderate proficiency with standard business-related software (including Microsoft Outlook, Work Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Sufficient keyboarding proficiency to enter data accurately and efficiently
Selective is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Selective maintains a drug-free workplace #diversity
Licenses & Certifications