Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description SummaryThe Director of Information Delivery is a team leader within the organization responsible for directly leading an execution team for assigned customer relationships, partnering with business intelligence peers to deliver solutions from Data Discovery to Business Intelligence application development. Candidates will have a working knowledge of insurance operations and core functions.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Data Refinement:
- Lead solution design within assigned tasks and validates that developed solutions align with defined business requirements and info delivery architecture patterns. .
- Lead prototyping and validate prototypes before production build.
- Responsible for the production process and support for Information Delivery assets.
- Assists in the development of the strategic plan for Information Delivery including identification appropriate infrastructures, tools and performance requirements.
- Develop an understanding of all data contained
- Business Discovery:
- Responsible for the development of guidelines and recommends best practices to mitigate defects and ensure data quality.
- Oversees the translation of business requirements into technical requirements for enhancements and info delivery solutions.
- Performs analysis of complex and unfamiliar data sources to determine value and use. Determines and recommends data to include in info delivery projects.
- Utilize a rapid prototyping methodology to perform complex ad-hoc analysis to find solutions to business inquiries.
- Data Visualization:
- Operationalize and automates complex data products independently.
- Develops and enhances analytic reports, scorecards and dashboards. Provides support for the implementation.
- Drives recommendations of key performance indicators.
- Data Culture:
- Occasionally presents and translates complex information in relevant business terms.
- Ensures business and data users are properly trained on data products/analytic environment.
- Incorporates core data management competencies into decision making (e.g. data governance, data security, data quality).
- Develop and own project timelines and plans for assigned projects
- Integrates work efforts within respective team portfolios.
- Provides leadership by assigning work based on priorities and coaching / mentoring team members.
- Ability to work well and build consensus among a diverse group of stakeholders
- Bachelors Degree in Information Systems, Mathematics, Economics, Finance or other quantitative degrees.
- 5 years of relevant data and analytics experience required.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Technical Knowledge:
- Advanced knowledge of data and visualization tools (examples but not limited to):
- Visualization Platforms: MicroStrategy, QlikView, Qlik Sense, Power BI, Tableau, D3 Visualizations.
- Programming languages: SQL, SAS, R, Python, Spark, HiveQL
- Database Platforms: SQL Server (SSIS, SSRS), Teradata, Hadoop, AWS.
- MS Office Suite with advanced knowledge of Excel.
- 9 years of general business experience.
- 8 years experience working with MS Office Suite with advanced knowledge of Excel
- 8 years experience coding SQL
Licensing or Certificates
- Business Intelligence certification preferred
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Communication Skills:
- Ability to communicate thoughts/designs/ideas in an unambiguous manner and adjusts communication based on audience.
- Exhibits active and effective communication skills with team members - including active listening and effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Effectively contributes and communicates with the immediate team, business partners and functional partners.
- Problem Solving & Decision Making:
- Able to proficiently diagnose root causes and solve complex problems.
- Able to evaluate alternative solutions and assess risk before taking action.
- Has the ability to reach sound decisions quickly and escalates appropriately.
- Demonstrates ability to optimize the use of all available resources.
- Often consulted by team members for problem resolution and guidance.
- Relationship Management:
- Able to maintain and enhance partnerships across the organization to achieve objectives.
- Practices objectivity and openness to others' views.
- Able to develop business partnerships and influence business priorities through solution identification aligned with business objectives and goals.
- Planning and Project Management:
- Demonstrates ability to identify critical project tasks and establish clear priorities while keeping the bigger picture in mind.
- Effectively communicates risks, issues and escalates appropriately.
- Able to assess the financial impact of recommended designs/solutions.
- Accountable to set goals, objectives and priorities for self and other team members.
- Exhibits team leadership and collaborates with partners.
- Responsible for providing feedback and/or coaching.
- Collaborates across the Enterprise and participates in pipeline talent programs.
- Builds consensus among a diverse group stakeholders.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you have questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.