Are You Driven? We Are.
We are a company of driven, enthusiastic and determined people. We celebrate achievement and success. We foster innovation, determination and recognition. Because of that, our employees feel recognized and rewarded for the contributions they make on a daily basis. At GAINSCO, It is our people that set us apart.
If you are looking for a place where you can make a difference, perceive how your work impacts the company, and be recognized for your efforts and passion, then GAINSCO is the company for you.
Why Join GAINSCO?
By joining GAINSCO, you become part of a dynamic and growing organization that has been recognized as a Top Workplace in both our Dallas and Miami offices.
GAINSCOs work environment rewards engaged individuals who have a desire to contribute and succeed. Thats because our culture encourages individuals to grow their skills as they build their careers. Come join us and become a champion with GAINSCO.
What does a DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION & DATA ANALYST (CLAIMS) do?
- Uncover and communicate performance trends and actionable insights to the business.
- Leverage data insights and incorporate these findings to accelerate the digital transformation efforts of the Claims Department.
- Complete ad-hoc analysis and offer recommendations based on your findings.
- Proactively collaborate with all levels of the Claims organization and offer data-focused support to any relevant business challenges.
- Interpret data and analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports
- Develop, implement and maintain business monitoring reports
- Perform data validation and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and data quality/accuracy
- Work with IT to maintain accessibility to databases/data systems
- Additional projects as requested
What is required?
- Bachelors degree in Mathematics, Risk Management, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management, Statistics or Actuarial.
- 1-2 years of working experience as a data analyst preferred
- Ability to identify potentially hidden trends and communicate actionable insights based on your findings.
- Experience working within an Auto Insurance Claims department is preferred.
- Advanced skills in performing mathematical calculations
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Advanced computer skills, specifically in databases and spreadsheets (Excel, SAS, MSSQL preferred, Python, R)
- Experience with Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Excellent organization skills
Other skills and abilities:
- A strong desire to be a part of the conversations that result in improving business processes and results.
- Ability to communicate and simplify the complex with a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Ability to manage own time while prioritizing multiple tasks
Required behaviors for all positions:
- Communicate with co-workers, management, customers, vendors, and others in a courteous and professional manner
- Conform with and abide by all Company codes, regulations, policies, values, work procedures and instructions
- Regular attendance
What else do you need to know?
- Competitive Salary based on experience.
- Excellent benefits package: medical & dental (Basic plan FREE), vision insurance, life insurance, short term and long term disability insurance.
- Parental Leave Policy.
- 401K + Company Match.
- Paid Vacation + Sick days + Floating Holidays + Company determined Holidays.
All offers are contingent upon a background investigation (including employment, education, criminal and DMV verification- when applicable) and a pre-employment drug test with results satisfactory to GAINSCO.
About Gainsco Auto Insurance
GAINSCO Auto Insurance markets non-standard private passenger automobile products through retail agencies, in Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, Oklahoma, Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, and Virginia. GAINSCO Auto Insurance has fully integrated insurance capabilities, including marketing, underwriting, customer service and claims handling. Our operations are bilingual (English/Spanish). If you are looking for a strong stable company with a fast paced environment this is the place for you. At GAINSCO Auto Insurance we take pride in our employees and recognize the importance of strengthening and expanding their skills so they can grow as we grow. We offer an excellent benefits package to our full time employees, which include: Paid Vacation and Holidays; Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance; Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability; Life and AD&D Insurance; 401k Retirement Savings Plan.