Agency Management Specialist - Columbia/Jefferson
We have an exciting opportunity available for an Agency Management Specialist in Central Missouri! This role serves as a liaison between the company and agents and acts as a relationship manager for our agents, regional underwriting team and corporate departments. The person hired into this role will assess the strengths and weaknesses of agents and assists them in achieving a mutual goal of profitable growth in both volume and policy count. They will also ensure that agents are familiar with and use Selective's initiatives, products, policies, procedures and services. All job duties and responsibilities must be carried out in compliance with applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
Level (or grade) of position will be based on candidates experience
- Develop and maintain an agency force that pre-qualifies accounts, in-house rates using CLAS, processing small business using One & Done and/or the Service Center, and recognizes the value of the AMS position to help them write new profitable business and achieve agency goals.
- Makes consistent underwriting decisions, adheres to company pricing philosophies and promotes ease of doing business with Selective.
- Monitors agency results and follows up with agent both as to growth/profitability and compliance with companys initiatives, procedures and policies.
- Develop professional working relationship with agent, regional underwriting and claim teams and corporate departments. Assists in directing BSU technical specialists for regional ITS training of agency personnel.
- Keeps two-way communication between agent and company continuously open and viable and encourage agent usage of all Selective communication devices especially e-Select.
- Performs inspections as determined by Loss Control Guide. Makes risk improvement or correction of deficiency recommendations and promptly follow up on same, documenting the file accordingly.
- Stays alert for and advise company of any industry information, new ideas, products, or changes in other carrier philosophies that could positively or adversely affect Selective.
- Audit agents One & Done book of business and provide quality assurance feedback to agent and underwriting team.
- Meet regularly and frequently with Small Business Team, Inside Underwriting, CMS, Loss Control Rep, Bond Rep, Personal Lines Rep (if applicable) and AFR (if applicable) to discuss each agency.
- Responsible for automobile travel within territory traveling to agent offices. Car travel represents approximately 40-50% of employees time.
College degree preferred with 5+ years underwriting, marketing or field underwriting experience.
The following experience is preferred:
3 years Agency Management, rating, underwriting preferably middle market accounts
2 year Claims, Loss Control - Inspection
Must be results oriented with a proven track record in establishing, prioritizing and achieving business goals.
Demonstrated superior communication, negotiation & presentation skills
Must be a high achiever with superior organizational skills who is self-motivated, pro-active, flexible, and able to work independently, from a remote location.
Must be able to maximize technology to ensure high productivity (Must be proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and all internal business related software).
Must have valid state-issued drivers license in good standing.
Selective is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Selective maintains a drug-free workplace
Licenses & Certifications