Senior General Liability Product Analyst
- Partners with the Product Development Specialists to support their responsibility for Insurance Services Office (ISO), Selective proprietary and American Association of Insurance Services (AAIS) rules and forms.
- Ensures a consistent business process and tools for product development as respects intake, tracking, review, materiality and decisions in terms of ISO and AAIS circulars and bulletins. Recommends actions (adopt / delay/non-adopt) with regard to ISO and AAIS circulars. Collaborates with the Product Development Specialist regarding decisions, requirements and ramifications to Selective proprietary forms.
- Maintains a high degree of ownership of the profit & loss for General Liability line of business. Provides analysis for state and countrywide rate reviews as well as to aid regional partners in region and state level efforts at profitability improvement and profitable production by providing specific recommendations and support to drive the activity required.
- Supports Product Development Specialists efforts to maintain inventory and accountability for governance of existing rates, rules and forms. Includes oversight of delay/non-adopt ISO and AAIS circulars.
- Manages General Liability assigned for all corporate governance and compliance issues.
- Receives and handles underwriting referrals from the field and/or corporate underwriting, utilizing underwriting expertise to advise the most appropriate solution or course of action in a timely manner. This may include supporting the Product Development Specialists analysis of existing manuscript endorsements, determination of acceptability based on clarity, accuracy, and compliance with each states regulations, development of alternative solutions using filed forms, or provide alternative language that is compliant, clear, and concise.
- Actively participates in supporting predictive model efforts relative to General Liability.
- Creates and provides educational materials and training programs for agents, regional personnel and corporate underwriting to ensure thorough understanding of underwriting guidelines, issues and controls.
- Provides exceptional customer service to agents, regional personnel, Product Development staff, corporate underwriting and other stakeholders as identified.
- College degree preferred.
- 10 years Commercial Lines Underwriting experience.
- 5+ years specific line of business experience preferred
- 5+ years Risk Management and/or reinsurance preferred
- 5+ years Field Underwriting; and/or 5+ years agency experience preferred
- Strong technical underwriting knowledge required
- Strong working knowledge of ISO, AAIS or NCCI and Independent State Workers Compensation Bureaus circulars and bulletins
- Ability to research and analyze coverage
- Good communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to manage a project
- Pro-active; driven; takes initiative
- Ability to demonstrate empathy during interactions with key stakeholders
- Must have valid state-issued drivers license in good standing and be able to drive an automobile.
Selective is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Selective maintains a drug-free workplace.
Licenses & Certifications