Underwriting QA Analyst
- Completes corporate underwriting file reviews in accordance with Sarbanes Oxley requirements. Identifies and implements improvements by continually reviewing processes and aligning with changing business needs.
- Coordinates cross-regional underwriting self-review of One & Done / Two & Done file reviews. Documents all problems and work to resolve them; reports progress on problem resolution to management.
- Transforms complex data into creative graphs, tables, charts and other graphics in order to present and/or share the data in a comprehensive and concise manner.
- Assists the Underwriting QA Specialist with self-review summaries and reports, and, aggregating the data to an enterprise view.
- Coordinates and manages the IVP review process. Performs workflow analysis and recommends quality improvements.
- Generates solutions for needs-improvement within the underwriting community partners with the Small Business Leader, Strategic Business Unit (SBU), Line of Business (LOB), Legal, Compliance, Information Technology, Business Services Unit (BSU) and Training functions as necessary.
- Ensures adequate controls for corrective action plans derived from regional and home office underwriting reviews.
- Participate in audit of Commercial Lines rate, rule and form narrative processes and desk level procedures.
- Must be able to drive an automobile to travel within territory. Car travel represents approximately 10% of employees time and a valid drivers license.
- College degree in risk management, business, finance or a related field preferred
- 7+ years of commercial lines underwriting experience
- Compliance analysis experience preferred
- Strong project management & organizational skills
- Multi-line underwriting technical skills
- Understanding of state and regulatory requirements in the insurance industry
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including collaboration, ability to influence and presentation abilities
- Strong proficiency with all Microsoft Office applications, with an emphasis on Excel
- Must have a valid state-issued drivers license in good standing and be able to drive an automobile
Selective is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Selective maintains a drug-free workplaceQualifications
Licenses & Certifications