Workers Compensation Line of Business Analyst
- Reviews the National Council on Compensation Insurance (NCCI) and Independent State Workers Compensation Bureaus rates, rules, and forms circulars.
- Ensures a consistent business process and tools for product development as respects intake, tracking, review, materiality and decisions in terms of NCCI and Independent State Workers Compensation Bureaus circulars and bulletins. Recommends actions (adopt / delay/non-adopt) with regard to NCCI and Independent State Workers Compensation Bureaus circulars.
- Maintains ownership of the profit & loss for workers compensation. Provides analysis for state and countrywide rate reviews as well as to aid regional partners in region and state level efforts at profitability improvement and profitable production by providing recommendations and support to drive the activity required.
- Maintains inventory and accountability for governance of existing rates, rules and forms. Includes oversight of NCCI and Independent State Workers Compensation Bureaus circulars.
- Manages workers compensation for all corporate governance and compliance issues as assigned.
- Receives and handles underwriting referrals from the field and/or corporate underwriting, utilizing underwriting expertise to advise the most appropriate solution or course of action in a timely manner along with LOB Manager. This may include analysis of existing manuscript endorsements, determination of acceptability based on clarity, accuracy, and compliance with each states regulations, development of alternative solutions.
- Actively participates in supporting predictive model efforts relative to given line of business.
- Works with LOB Manager to create and provide educational materials and training programs for agents, regional personnel and corporate underwriting to ensure thorough understanding of underwriting guidelines, issues and controls.
- Provides exceptional customer service to agents, regional personnel, Product Development staff, corporate underwriting and other stakeholders as identified.
- College degree preferred
- 7+ years Commercial Underwriting experience
- 3+ years specific line of business experience preferred
- 3+ years Field Underwriting
- Strong technical underwriting knowledge required
- Strong working knowledge of ISO, AAIS or NCCI and Independent State Workers Compensation Bureaus circulars and bulletins
- Ability to research and analyze coverage
- Good communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to manage a project
- Pro-active; driven; takes initiative
Selective is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and maintains a drug-free workplace.
Licenses & Certifications