Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description SummaryProvide technical, analytic and research support to evaluate catastrophe risk and manage achievement of risk reward tolerances. Collaborates with business to support the achievement of financial objectives.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Develops working knowledge of catastrophe risk evaluation.
- Basic knowledge of Enterprise CAT Information Technology platforms and Business
- Intelligence tools.
- Analyzes policyholder/reinsurance coverage and impact to catastrophe results.
- Gathers data and analyzes trends and results.
- Perform catastrophe peril research, partnering with subject matter experts.
- Assist with business and market result interpretation.
- Creates and maintain collaborative relationships with business partners.
- Research identified emerging issues related to natural and man-made catastrophe perils,
- which may include weather trends, climate related risks, cyber and new science.
- Identifies, selects and extracts relevant data from various internal and external sources.
- Completes analysis and presents recommendations to team members and manager.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 1 year relevant analytics experience required.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Knowledge of Insurance contracts and policy terms & language highly desired.
- G-Bachelor's Level Degree Bachelors degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) or Business preferred.
- 2 years Relevant catastrophe modeling experience
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft suite, SQL, geospatial, statistical packages or other programs used to retrieve and analyze data preferred.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Basic knowledge and understanding of Catastrophe Risk Modeling components.
- Basic understanding of model output and metrics.
- Accountability: Takes ownership and responsibility for actions and outcomes, performance and results.
- Analytical Thinking: Identifies current or future problems or opportunities, analyzes, synthesizes and compares information to
- understand issues, identifies cause/effect relationships and explores alternative solutions to support sound decision making.
- Change Management/Resilience: Remains energized and focused in the face of ambiguity, change or strenuous demands.
- Communication: Demonstrates effective verbal, written and listening communication skills.
- Customer Focus: Provides service excellence to internal or external clients.
- Judgment/Decision Making: Exercises sound judgment, makes decisions and commits to a position.
- Leveraging Differences: Works with and includes people from different backgrounds, experiences, cultures, races, etc. and views those differences as assets to be leveraged to accomplish business goals and objectives.
- Relationship Management: Seeks out, builds, fosters and maintains productive relationships, networks or alliances to meet goals and achieve results.
- Teamwork: Works together in situations when actions are interdependent and a team is mutually responsible to produce a result.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you have questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.