Commercial Property Associate Underwriter
When was the last time you had FUN at work? Because now is the time to join Frontline's team. We take pride in what we do, and we have FUN. Check us out on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn to see what Frontline Insurance is all about and how you can enjoy coming to work. Hope you like the color GREEN!
Frontline Insurance provides reliable and exceptional service to coastal homeowners in the Southeast United States, particularly Florida, Alabama, Georgia, North Carolina and South Carolina. For more than a decade, throughout active and slow hurricane seasons, we’ve stood strong to protect our clients and their homes.
Comprehensive benefits package includes options for medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, long term/short term disability, life insurance, and 401(k).
We are a Drug Free Workplace and EOE.
Provide support and assistance to complete the risk underwriting process in accordance with established workflows, procedures and company protocol.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Complete initial review of risk application for completeness.
- ISO rating(s) for commercial property classes of business.
- Create, modify (as necessary) and process new and existing policies, contractual documents and worksheets to reflect accurate exposures, amount of coverage, type of insurance, or other material information.
- Identify forms and endorsements for policy construction and delivery to our agency partners and insured.
- Enter data into system for use in proprietary documents and maintaining transactional history.
- Loss control report ordering, initial review and compliance follow-up.
- Manage renewal activity, general correspondence and renewal letters.
- Process and prepare policy coverages, endorsements and other company/agent output.
- Organize and work with detailed files, maintain ImageNow policy records for each account.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Suite required. Visio experience is a plus.
- Work requires continual attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and demands.
- Must exhibit a desire to develop skills and advance.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma required, college degree preferred.
- 5 years' experience with commercial property, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 4-40 or 2-20 license (or the ability to obtain one) preferred.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by and employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTE: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, Frontline Homeowners Insurance reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.