Underwriter - Personal Lines
When was the last time you had FUN at work? Because now is the time to join Frontline's Underwriting team. We take pride in what we do, and we have FUN. Check us out on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn to see what Frontline Insurance is all about and how you can enjoy coming to work. Hope you like the color GREEN!
Frontline Insurance provides reliable and exceptional service to coastal homeowners in the Southeast United States, particularly Florida, Alabama, Georgia, North Carolina and South Carolina. For more than a decade, throughout active and slow hurricane seasons, we’ve stood strong to protect our clients and their homes.
Comprehensive benefits package includes options for medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, long term/short term disability, life insurance, and 401(k).
We are a Drug Free Workplace and EOE.
Performs the underwriting function and provides exemplary customer service by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Orders and reviews reports necessary for proper risk classification.
- Makes related policy changes, as necessary. Handles policy change requests: evaluates underwriting considerations, processes data entry, and executes follow-up action as needed.
- Reviews property inspections for new business and/or renewals for property or liability concerns.
- Recommends action and notifies agency partners as necessary.
- Evaluates new business submissions for eligibility and proper classification.
- Initiates communication with agents regarding missing information, eligibility or rating concerns, etc. Answers telephone inquiries from agency partners and insureds, providing requested billing and basic coverage information, and resolving problems as needed.
- Provide assistance to the underwriting assistants when help is requested and provides viable solutions to their inquiries.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Must have high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations.
- Work requires continual attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and demands.
- An active 440, 2044 or 220 license is required.
EDUCATION AND /OR EXPERIENCE
Any undergraduate education preferred, minimum 2 years’ experience and/or training in P&C Insurance or equivalent combination of education and experience. An insurance related designation or license for Property and Casualty Insurance is preferred.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by and employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTE: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, Frontline Homeowners Insurance reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
Apply for Underwriter - Personal Lines
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly