Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description SummaryProgram/Portfolio Director role will be aligned to the BI Product Value Stream as an individual contributor. The Program/Portfolio Director may be aligned to one or more Circles as appropriate or span across the Product Value Stream to provide support throughout the Agile 2.0 governance practice. The Program/Portfolio Director will help in identifying connections related to the business outcomes across the Value Streams and Circles to the defined BI Strategies. The Program/Portfolio Director may also be aligned to support mid to large scale projects in support of BI Strategic Initiatives.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- The Project Director works with minimal supervision and is responsible for applying advanced Project Management knowledge, skills, tools and techniques to Project deliverables, processes, and systems in order to meet or exceed stakeholder needs and expectations.
Drive Prioritization and Planning Forums
- Implement/adhere to Agile 2.0 governance forums, practices and processes
- Refine/define the governance practice as needed across Value Streams to ensure consistency across the BCO
- Support continued development of governance artifacts (e.g., Value Stream and Circle Narratives)
Value Stream/Circle Engagement?
- Drive discussions with Value Stream and or Circle Leads on execution against strategy?
- Support in identifying gaps, dependencies that exist within a given Circle
- Development of Circle and Value Stream level roadmaps
- Support Value Stream and Circle Leads related to Capacity re-alignment- right number of teams to execute against priorities set within circles?
- Support Value Stream and Circle Leads to ensure the right level of engagement across BI is represented within the Circle and Value Stream forums?
Support work that crosses the boundary of one Circle?/Value Stream
- Help identify and resolve dependencies across Circles and Value Streams
- Lead program management of initiatives that cross multiple Circles or Value Streams
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- 5 years of project management experience required.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred.
- 7 years of project management experience preferred.
- 2 years of experience managing others and/or project teams preferred.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Manages team development, very active in the mentoring of members of the PM community, may have direct management responsibility of PMs.
- Develops both IT and Non-IT Project budgets. Manages against them.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you have questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.