Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description SummaryReporting to the SVP, Strategy Planning and Execution, and as a member of the Technology and Operations Extended Leadership Team, your key areas of responsibility will be to grow and sustain Agile principles and practices across the enterprise in partnership with the business CIOs and their Agile Offices and to strengthen and lead the Technology and Operations Learning and Development function across the enterprise.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides strong strategic leadership, direction, and execution focus to Technology and Operations Agile and Learning teams.
- Grow and sustain Agile principles and practices across the enterprise, beginning with Technology and Operations, in partnership with the Chief Information Officers and their Agile Offices.
- Determine/define outcomes for the Agile program and drive across the enterprise including continually measuring execution and productivity improvements.
- Provide expert-level agile consultation and coaching to enable the delivery of optimal outcomes, defining minimum critical standards while allowing each Line of Business autonomy with the context of our 'common as possible, unique as necessary' approach.
- Infuse modern product management principles, practices and discipline into the organization to improve the customer outcomes that achieve business results.
- Provide data-driven insights and foster continuous improvement along with alignment to Agile principles.
- Identify and support the usage of common agile delivery tools and a common governance framework.
- Lead the continuous improvement of an agile coaching community within and across the lines of business /segments including clarifying the Agile delivery practices roles and standards of excellence, helping coaches measure their effectiveness and providing a structuring learning environment (e.g. developmental resources, training, tools, mentoring).
- Accelerate successful Agile adoption across the enterprise by providing a change management framework and assets for use with business segments building confidence during implementation and ongoing.
- Strengthen and lead the Tech & Ops Learning and Development (L&D) function across the enterprise (initial focus on Technology L&D).
- Develop and execute a broad-based strategic learning plan for Technology and Operations, spanning from early-career technical skills to digital literacy for business leaders.
- Using strategic workforce plans, deliver the tools and resources to needed for an agile organization to up-skill and re-skill our talent to meet the evolving needs of our business.
- Collaborate with Enterprise Learning colleagues to modernize the learning platform and integrate technology learning content with other business and relationship skills content to provide an exceptional holistic learner experience.
- A minimum of 7 years of progressively responsible experience in a directly related area, during which both professional and management capabilities have been clearly demonstrated required.
- A minimum of 4 years of people management experience required.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Ten or more years of progressively responsible experience in a directly related area, during which both professional and management capabilities have been clearly demonstrated preferred.
- Deep expertise and experience in transforming to an Agile environment including change management, methodologies, measures and Agile coaching practices.
- Experience in developing and executing a learning strategy preferred.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent preferred.
- Strategic leadership experience preferred.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Technical Knowledge:
- Demonstrates an in-depth knowledge of organizational concepts and motivational methods.
- Has an intuition and a broad in-depth knowledge regarding the capabilities and direction of technology.
- Understands the corporate and departmental business objectives, and can relate them on a strategic, tactical and operational level to design technology solutions that provide a clear competitive business advantage.
- Demonstrates an in-depth understanding of Agile principles and practices and Agile Coaching.
- Business Knowledge & Partnership:
- Able to understand and leverage resources to accomplish goals and objectives.
- Able to achieve actionable results through others, build and maintain trusting business relationships, and interact with all levels to accomplish results.
- Able to provide strategic solutions tailored to business need.
- Able to adapt to changing partner/customer needs.
- Master written and verbal communication skills across all levels, both internally and externally.
- Master presentation, persuasion, and influencing skills.
- Financial Awareness:
- Able to proactively assess potential financial impacts of decisions across the enterprise; makes recommendations and acts when appropriate.
- Able to demonstrate sound cost-effectiveness and drive cost-reduction measures.
- Able to inspire and promote a vision.
- Ability to support management decisions and proactively acts as a change champion.
- Able to welcome innovative ideas and is open to other views.
- Ability to navigate, and work appropriately within, organizational politics and governance.
- Planning & Project Management:
- Able to identify critical deliverables and establish clear priorities while keeping the overall enterprise vision in mind.
- Able to propose action plans that are timely, realistic and positive while meeting leadership expectations.
- Able to manage time and competing priorities, understands how projects fit within organizational objectives, and delegates appropriately to maximize organizational effectiveness.
- Team Orientation:
- Able to lead by example, while encouraging ownership environment and consistently setting clear direction, goals and priorities for team.
- Able to balance organizational, team, and individual responsibilities.
- Able to put success of organization and team above own interest.
- Has an accurate picture of strengths and weaknesses and is willing to improve.
- Takes ideas different from own seriously; shares responsibility and collaborates with others; accepts criticism well; doesn't assume a single best way.
Environmental / Work Schedules / Other
- Travel Requirements: Travel Occasionally
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you have questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.