VP, Software Engineering (SalesForce, Oracle CPQ)
The VP, Software Engineering is responsible for leading, planning, organizing, controlling, and setting strategies for Application portfolio and related support services. The VP acts as the primary point of contact to functional area senior management in all matters concerning current systems, current support capacity and future technology resources.
- Lead application development teams for SaaS based cloud applications which involved technologies like Salesforce, MuleSoft, Oracle CPQ, Informatica, etc.
- Advanced understanding of broader capability objectives and able to translate to the go forward technical strategy
- Creates and executes against a technical roadmap for his/her organization
- Familiarity with latest technological trends across the industry and how to best apply them in an organizations context
- Facilitates communication with key product stakeholders throughout the work cycle
- Monitors and resolves technical impediments across teams
- Manages timely resolution of all critical and/or complex problems with the different platforms in all environments
- Helps manage risks and dependencies across teams
- Escalates impediments to appropriate stakeholders as needed
- End-responsibility for service quality and security across products
- Risk-mitigation planning to proactively address technical risk
- Conducts performance reviews for Engineering Managers, combining inputs from a variety of sources and delivering to team members
- Meets scheduled milestones to ensure project/program objectives are met in a timely manner.
- Oversee code development in the Salesforce and related platforms.
- Implement Agile DevOps scale up-create teams with all skills and expertise to deliver continuous integration and automation.
- Support and enforce the use of standards, procedures, best practices and methodologies.
- Steer delivery teams to meet service commitments for on-time, on-budget and meeting or exceeding business expectations.
- 10+ years of technology experience including
- 7+ years leadership experience in leading technical teams and managing resources.
- 7+ years experience in some of these areas:
- Cloud Application transformation (Azure / AWS)
- Salesforce, MuleSoft, Oracle CPQ
- Custom Development (Java/J2EE, .Net)
- Application Architecture
- Business Analysis
- 5+ years working in an Agile environment
- 7+ years of experience monitoring staff performance results and addressing problem behaviors to achieve improvement
- 7+ years of experience multi-tasking and juggling multiple projects and customers demands simultaneously
- Experience working with the business users, understand their needs and translate those needs to the final project deliverables.
- Able to travel as needed, potentially up to 20%