Audit Intern - Non Exempt
Assurant has an exciting Audit Intern Opportunity for Woodbury, Atlanta or Chicago area!
Assurant Inc., a Fortune 500 company, is growing strong. As we prepare to meet increasing demands for our innovative products and services, we have an opportunity for a skilled, self-starter with an exceptional attention to detail to join our Internal Audit Services (IAS) Department as a part-time Audit Intern supporting our Corporate enterprise division.
Why You Should Consider This Role
- You have a figure it out mentality
- You are authentic and love fostering relationships in changing landscapes
- You value the autonomy to use common sense and good judgment to make decisions
- You are resourceful, organized and motivated
- You enjoy developing business relationships and delivering on stakeholder expectations
What You Will Like
- The people we care
- The diversity - every day is different
- The excitement we focus on What Matters Most to our customers
- The difference in the value Assurant places on strong leadership
- The opportunity to learn, grow and advance within our fortune 500 global company
- Competitive salary
The Details/ Responsibilities
IAS is responsible for meeting the Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX), Internal Audit and Advisory Services needs across multiple business segments within our Corporate Enterprise.
In this role, the Intern will primarily support SOX management testing and various other IAS activities including new process implementations, SOC 1 report review and management, MAR management testing, assisting external audit and other Internal Audit assignments as needed.
We are looking for an individual currently pursuing an Accounting or Finance degree who is currently a Junior, graduating in 2022 or a Senior planning to continue education to pursue a masters degree in Accounting and able to start ASAP, work up to 20 hours a week during the school year and up to 40 hours during the summer and other breaks.
Qualified candidates need to possess strong PC skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio etc.) and a keen attention to detail.
We offer a competitive wage, business casual environment, a collaborative and engaged team and a flexible schedule. (Ideal schedule is 2-3 half to full days spread across the week during the semesters with full time work options during breaks.)
What You Should Know About Us
At Assurant, our core values - integrity, change, urgency and excellence - guide us as we work together to support our commitments to our clients, their customers and to each other. In collaboration with leading retailers, wireless carriers, utilities and financial institutions worldwide, we underwrite, market and administer extended service or service contract programs for consumers and small businesses.
- Assurant, Inc. helps people protect what matters most to them
- We have been around for a while with our roots tracing back to 1892
- We are a Fortune 500 company employing approximately 15,000 people in 21 countries
- We provide specialty protection products and related services to safeguard against risks
The Ideal Candidate
- Junior status with targeted 2022 graduation in Accounting or Finance, or Senior who will pursue a masters degree in Accounting
- GPA 3.0 or higher required
- Superior organizational skills, including ability to manage multiple, complex projects simultaneously
- Ability to work under tight deadlines requiring creative thinking and high problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to effectively perform duties.
- Ability to learn quickly
- Keen attention to detail is a must
- Excellent collaboration skills, team-oriented working style
Assurant (NYSE: AIZ) is a global provider of risk management solutions, protecting where consumers live and the goods they buy. A Fortune 500 company, Assurant focuses on the housing and lifestyle markets, and is among the market leaders in mobile device protection; extended service contracts; vehicle protection; pre-funded funeral insurance; renters insurance; lender-placed homeowners insurance; and mortgage valuation and field services. With approximately $42 billion in total assets and $8 billion in annualized revenue, Assurant is in 21 countries and operates across North America, Latin America, Europe and with an emerging footprint in Asia.
For more information, please visit https:///