Senior Windows Server Engineer
As a Senior Windows Server Engineer, you will be responsible for administration and support of distributed computing systems. You will work closely with project management, application development, and other IT teams to support Windows Server infrastructure (both physical and virtual). The successful candidate must have a solid work ethic, be detail oriented, and have strong troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- Provides direct technical support for all requirements in the planning, coordination, scripting, and implementation of upgrades or changes to our Microsoft Windows distributed computing
- Performs capacity planning, performance monitoring, tuning, and prediction.
- Provides high-level support for Windows operating systems, ensuring proper change management procedures and methodologies are followed.
- Some after-hours work will be required
- Position may require participation in an after-hours, on-call rotation to assist with incident handling for the purpose of resolving server related infrastructure issues
- Provides technical assistance/guidance to less experienced administrators
- 5 or more years of hands-on experience installing and supporting Microsoft Windows Server (versions 2003 2019)
- 5 or more years of hands-on experience installing and supporting VMware and Hyper-V
- 3 or more years of hands-on experience managing IaaS and PaaS in Microsoft Azure
- In-depth knowledge of ADConnect, ADFS, Azure AD and related technologies
- Proficient with PowerShell
- Excellent oral, written, interpersonal, and communication skills are required
- In-depth knowledge of server technologies employed, hardware, O/S, and related tools and applications
- Expert technical diagnostic and research skills of servers, expert trouble-shooting
- Ability to identify and escalate issues to management when appropriate to meet SLA requirements
- In-depth knowledge of networking components and services such as TCP/IP protocols, DHCP and DNS technologies, and LAN/WAN topologies and transports
- Requires ability to correctly assess risks of various alternatives and take appropriate actions to restore services in the event of system outages
- Ability to explain the technical implications of various alternative solutions to management
- Strong customer service orientation, proven dependability, promptness, and a solid attendance history
- Ability to perform in a highly motivated, self-directed, and well-organized manner to handle multiple assignments concurrently.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field
- Experience with Nutanix HCI
- Experience using ServiceNow ITIL managed processes