Product Configuration Associate
The Product Configuration Associate is an entry level position in the Operations/policy administration organization. The Product Configuration Associate will use the tools and resources within the policy administration system (PAS) to configure areas of the system including rates, rules and forms.
The Associate Product Configuration Associate is responsible for the following activities aligned to one of the three areas of responsibility assigned (i.e. rules, rates, or forms):
- Assist with monitoring the Operations helpdesk, perform triage, escalate requests to the appropriate parties and perform level one helpdesk support functions (i.e. setting up new users in various applications, assist with passwords).
- Respond to request for technical assistance in person, via phone or electronically.
- Understanding the business and regulatory requirements and ensuring they are met prior to making configuration changes in the PAS.
- Review, analyze, and evaluate business systems and user needs.
- Utilizes the configuration tools available in the PAS to make approved changes and performs testing to ensure they are functioning properly.
- Fix any defects found in testing as they relate to the configurator.
- Performs peer review and quality testing on other configuration changes and changes as assigned.
- Documents requirements, including creating use cases and user stories documents. Keeps any knowledge base documents current.
- Writes and executes test plans and test scripts.
- Generates routine project status reports in the format and within the timelines requested by management.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor of Science in an area of study with analytic emphasis (typically math, computer sciences, or accounting).
- Proficient in the use of MS Office products
- Familiarity with insurance, insurance products, rules and methodologies is preferred.
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle.
- Completion of the Operations Intern program or demonstrated abilities in the areas outlined in the program
OTHER REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience with Microsoft Office products.
- Exhibit prior experience performing analytical or quantitative activities in spreadsheet/database types of software applications.
- Must have excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and assignments.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have excellent presentation skills