Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description SummaryFrom the largest museum to the smallest private collector, from the major banks to the smallest bureau de change, the Travelers Fine Art and Specie team are providers of specialist Art and Specie insurance. Our underwriting is founded upon specialist industry knowledge and we work closely with clients and surveyors to enhance risk management, safety management systems and quality assurance.
As an Associate Underwriter in our respected Fine Art and Specie team you will use your previous underwriting experience to underwrite new and renewal business as well as managing mid-term adjustments and monitoring rate adequacy. You will work closely with other team members to help manage the profitability of the book and build collaborative relationships both internally and externally.
We aim to offer an inclusive and flexible approach to how and when you work, as well as good work-life benefits. We are happy to discuss all types of flexible working with you, when you join us for your interview. While we may not always be able to accommodate exactly what you want, we are always open to having the conversation.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
Be Committed, Be Connected, Be Creative and Be Energised - these are the values we are passionate about. Understanding and embracing our values will shape your success and contribute to making this a great place to work. The following key activities form a core part of your role;
- Support the overall profitability, growth and retention of the Fine Art and Specie book and consistency of all related underwriting initiatives.
- Underwrite on a day to day basis in accordance with your authority to ensure a timely and professional service to clients.
- Ensure that business is written in accordance with the Company's policies, procedures and controls and adheres to Lloyds Underwriting Management Standards ensuring business is only accepted in accordance with individual underwriting authority where relevant, with approval under the Lloyd's Individual Registration Byelaw.
- Utilise appropriate systems to accurately enter quotes, risks and endorsements, so as to ensure correct management, statistical and regulatory reporting.
- Promote Travelers Line of Business, distribution strategy and philosophy and provide guidance on the Company's underwriting philosophy, procedures and requirements by building strong partnerships with Agents, Brokers and Customers.
- Gather data and prepare reports to support the professional execution of corporate/business underwriting policies/standards.
To be successful you will need to consistently deliver a great experience in every customer contact; connect with the right partners internally to find creative solutions to problems; be a role model and behave in a way that actively supports an inclusive work environment; and consistently deliver on your commitments.
- Previous Specie/Fine Art insurance experience.
- Previous experience of Windows MS Office.
- Secondary level education or equivalent required.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Degree preferred.
- Previous Cargo experience advantageous .
Licensing or Certificates
- Expected to either already be studying, or be willing to study towards ACII qualification.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you have questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.