Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That's Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers - and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
Job Description SummaryUnder moderate supervision, Process Engineer reports to the Manager, Operations Strategy and is responsible for managing high-profile reengineering projects to influence aspects of the business that relate to operational efficiency and effectiveness. This role directs the day-to-day activities of assigned process engineering projects, focusing on identifying opportunities to improve productivity, decrease costs, increase available capacity, improve accuracy and timeliness, change behaviours, redesign roles and functions and improve operational controls.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide capabilities for Operations in order to improve overall business performance by identifying impediments to effective and efficient operation performance and by introducing changes in business operational processes and organizational behaviours that have a positive impact on bottom-line results.
- Consult with management, Product Specialists, and Business Procedures Consultant regarding implementation of recommendations and approaches to be taken in executing change to the business operations.
- Actively participate in process engineering studies as a project leader or individual contributor, assuming responsibility for major studies which potentially have significant impact on the operation of a major operating unit within the company.
- Generate new ideas to meet business needs. Develop solutions and assist in the implementation of recommendations that result in significant improvements in operational performance through redesigned workflows, proper staffing levels, redefined roles and responsibilities, productive behaviours and effective use of technology. Influence stakeholders to implement recommendations.
- Remain up-to-date on emerging technology, business management, customer service, productivity and organizational leadership methodologies and techniques.
- 3 years of experience in process engineering
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Bachelor's degree
- General knowledge of Commercial and Personal lines products and services
Licensing or Certificates
- - Lean Six Sigma certification is considered an asset
- - Project Management Professional certification is considered an asset
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Intermediate process engineering skills
- Project management skills
- Demonstrated analytic thinking and problem solving abilities
- Intermediate Microsoft office skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively influence with all levels of management
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate large groups of people to develop/introduce new concepts
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing accommodation to persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation during the recruitment or interview process we will work with you to accommodate your needs.