Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description SummaryWe are looking for a technical underwriting expert to join our Business Insurance team as a Senior Product Development Specialist. In this role you will use your underwriting experience and knowledge to research new covers, modernise existing covers and work with Senior Underwriting Officers to design an underwriting approach. You will work collaboratively across the business functions to:
* Identify and assess new product development opportunities.
* Design, develop and launch new products and/or lines of business.
* Enhance and re-launch existing products.
We aim to offer an inclusive and flexible approach to how and when you work, as well as good work-life benefits. We are happy to discuss all types of flexible working with you, when you join us for your interview. While we may not be able to accommodate exactly what you want, we are always open to having the conversation.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
Be Committed, Be Connected, Be Creative and Be Energised - these are the values we are passionate about. Understanding and embracing our values will shape your success and contribute to making this a great place to work. The following key activities form a core part of your role;
- Lead and execute the Product Development process for both new and existing products following the procedures outlined in the Research and Development Manual.
- Working in conjunction with Propositions, produce feasibility studies on new product opportunities, reporting findings to the Leadership team as required.
- Be Responsible for the collation and analysis of Technical and Underwriting data and using the customer/market proposition data from the Propositions team.
- Develop launch training material and assist with delivery as required.
- Maintain, regularly review and update the Research and Development Manual.
- Build and maintain relationships with underwriting business units within Business Insurance (Retail and Small) and TSM the International and Enterprise teams in respect of Product Development.
- Liaise closely with the relevant project managers to ensure that Products are launched within agreed budgets and timescales and these are communicated clearly to the Senior Leadership team on a regular basis.
- Maintain and update where necessary the Product Roadmap.
- Provide technical underwriting input to products prior to submission to UO's and PDCA (if we use the SP&E example above this would not be a familiar term externally) and provide summaries of actions to Enterprise and CUO where required in respect of product development.
- Assist in the performance of Underwriting Reviews such as IPR's/CURES/UWLR as and when required.
- Develop/deliver Underwriting Guidance, Procedures & Technical Resource bulletins to underwriting business units when necessary relating to product development work undertaken.
To be successful you will need to consistently deliver a great experience in every customer contact; connect with the right partners internally to find creative solutions to problems; be a role model and behave in a way that actively supports an inclusive work environment; and consistently deliver on your commitments.
- Previous Insurance experience with good knowledge of product, underwriting or coverage required.
- Solid insurance underwriting or product management experience (copy editing or equivalent drafting or document management experience) preferred.
- Thorough understanding of Business Insurance products, systems, contracts, forms, coverage, distribution channels, regulatory environment and insurance financials.
- Very strong written communications skills.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to plan, prioritise and adapt as required.
- Ability to communicate at all levels and manage stakeholder expectations.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages, including Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you have questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.