Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description SummaryTravelers - Claim Technology
Travelers has an exciting opportunity for a Software Engineer in our Site Reliability Engineering practice to join the talented Shared Services team in Claim Technology. This position in Claim Shared Services organization will bring developer mindset and practices to automate operations. The position is responsible to design, build and implement automation of technology operations to create a repeatable and consistent experience for Engineer and Operations personas. The role will pair with product team engineers and/or other operations personas to investigate issues, provide resolution and restore service. This position requires excellent problem solving, and customer service skills in a team-oriented environment.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Analyze and diagnose business and operational processes to optimize, automate and increase system reliability.
- Design and implement automation and reliability features such as Service Level Indicators, Service Level Objectives, Service Level Agreements, Error Budgets.
- Automate and Optimize existing solutions and provide improvement feedback to product teams.
- Design and develop new apps, tools and smart alerts that help discover failures/issues in a timely fashion.
- Perform system reviews, evaluate implementations, and provide feedback about potential improvements.
- Define and evangelize system reliability best practices to improve reliability, security and performance.
- Gather and analyze data and develop based on architectural and development standards.
- Participates in domain technical and business discussions relative to future architecture direction aligning with business goals.
- Self-initiated individual who consistently delivers high quality results with limited guidance and willingness to learn new technologies and language stacks in a fast-changing ecosystem.
- Bachelor's degree or its equivalent in work experience.
- Two year of programming/development experience in the coding of automation services.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Three years of programming/development experience preferred.
- Highly self-motivated and passionate about continuous learning.
- Hands-on coding experience to automate processes.
- Has strong communication skills, and a motivation to work in a matrixed and agile team structure to achieve results in a fast-paced environment.
- Hands-on experience working with a highly available and scalable production environment preferred.
- Hands-on coding experience to write automated testing preferred.
- Knowledge of multiple development technologies including but not limited to NodeJS, .NET, C#, RestAPI, React, Groovy, Python, MongoDB, SQL Server, etc. preferred.
- Experience with Cloud Services (AWS, Azure, GCP), platform as a service; micro-services architecture and architecture models is preferred.
- Container technologies including but not limited to Docker, Kubernetes, Serverless preferred.
- Cloud patterns including PaaS and IaaS, containers, microservices/API-driven and event-driven application design a plus.
- Knowledge of guided analytics dashboarding tools including but not limited to QlikView, QlikSense, Grafana a plus.
- Agile framework practice a plus.
- IBM mainframe knowledge a plus.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you have questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.