Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description SummaryWorking as part of the Claim Operations team, you will assist the Claims function by providing a high level of transactional and partial claim handling support. In this role, you will ensure that all operational activities are delivered in a manner consistent with our internal and external services standards and best practice.
This role will predominantly support the harvesting of claim information.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- You wiill:Carry out administrative tasks, partial claim handling functions, including invoice approval, minor claim adjudication (dispute resolution) and other activities which do not require certification, vendor activity co-ordination.
- Assist with MI and Analytics, financial control, assessment, monitoring and validation, in accordance with team best practice.
- Provide functional resiliency by supporting our Claim teams based in multiple locations across Claim Europe.
- Achieves or surpass service expectations of internal and external customers as agreed by the business.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues, business partners, customers, agents and others to achieve organisational goals and create better outcomes.
- Openly communicate knowledge of actions with manager and colleagues in order to consider and better understand the impact on other technical, operational, sales and financial disciplines.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum GCSE level or equivalent educational standard or relevant experience in a claims or claims support role.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products such as Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Previous relevant work experience gained within a general insurance claims department or in a general insurance or financial services support role preferred.
- Working knowledge of I90, Openbox and Lloyds claims systems is preferred.
- Experience of data entry processes preferred.
Licensing or Certificates
- As appropriate to location.
- Ireland: willingness to commence or maintain the Minimum Competency Requirements of the Insurance Institute of Ireland.
- UK: willingness to commence or continue Chartered Insurance Institute studies.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Basic customer relationship skills.
- Intermediate written and oral communication skills.
Environmental / Work Schedules / Other
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you have questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.