Auto-Owners Insurance, a top-rated insurance carrier, is seeking a motivated and experienced field claims professional to join our team. This job handles insurance claims in the field under general supervision through the life-cycle of a claim including but not limited to: investigation, evaluation, and claim resolution. This job provides service to agents, insureds, and others to ensure claims resolve accurately and timely. This job requires mastery of claims handling skills and requires the person to:
- Investigate and assemble facts, determine policy coverage, evaluate the amount of loss, analyze legal liability
- Handles multi-line property and casualty claims in an assigned territory with an emphasis on property claims
- Become familiar with insurance coverage by studying insurance policies, endorsements and forms
- Works toward the resolution of claims, and may attend arbitrations, mediations, depositions, or trials as necessary
- Ensures that claims payments are issued in a timely and accurate manner
- Handle investigations by phone, mail and on-site investigations
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or direct equivalent experience handling property and casualty claims
- This position would cover, and require travel to, Stueben, Dekalb, and the northern half of Allen County.
- A minimum of 3 years handling multi-line property and casualty claims with an emphasis on property claims
- Prior property estimating experience referred, but not required.
- Field claims handling experience is preferred but not required
- Knowledge of Xactimate software is preferred but not required
- Above average communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to resolve complex issues
- Organize and interpret data
- Ability to handle multiple assignments
- Ability to effectively deal with a diverse group individuals
- Ability to accurately deal with mathematical problems, including, geometry (area and volume) and financial areas (such as accuracy in sums, unit costs, and the capacity to read and develop understanding of personal and business finance documents)
- Ability to drive an automobile, possess a valid driver license, and maintain a driving record consistent with the Company’s underwriting guidelines for coverage
*Please note that the ability to work in the U.S. without current or future sponsorship is a requirement.