The world isn’t standing still, and neither is Allstate. We’re moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers’ evolving needs. That’s why now is an exciting time to join our team. As a leader in a corporation with 83,000 employees and agency force members, you’ll have a hand in transforming not only Allstate but a dynamic industry. You’ll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President, Agency Strategy, the Vice President, Agency Engagement will be responsible for leading a team responsible for maintaining governance & compliance of Allstate agency programs. Scale new agency models and programs. Develop and execute incentive programs for agency owners and producers that drive sales performance. Plan and execute meetings and promotions for the agency sales organization.
In close partnership with Allstate legal and product advisors, accountable for governance and compliance of Allstate’s agency programs
- Develop and maintain operational risk plans related to Allstate’s agency force
- Ensure compliance of field sales organization
- Establish, monitor and maintain Allstate contracts in partnership with legal partners
- Develop and maintain field business conduct operations that ensure compliance of agency force with regulatory and contract requirements
- Responsible for oversight and maintenance of error and omissions processes
- Responsible for and support of programs and initiatives that support Allstate sales and service
- Leadership of Agency Support Team to provide centralized, scaled support of agency owners
- Leadership of programs and initiatives aligned to field sales organization and agency/producers
Lead comprehensive agency incentive design and rewards programs
- Plan and execute large scale conference and forum programs aligned to agency incentives
- Support of sales zone meetings and planning
- Execution of agency incentive and rewards programs
- Successfully lead geographically dispersed and remote teams, driving results through effective virtual leadership
- Motivate and provides leadership to team members and ensure the proper allocation of employees to the highest priority deliverables; ensure employees have the appropriate structure, tools, resources, required to perform their job at the highest levels
- Engage in any other duties as assigned to advance the profitable growth of Allstate’s agency channel
Area of Responsibility
- Develop a corresponding talent strategy to ensure the team has the right skills and capabilities to deliver against the business strategy
- Establish clear goals for operational execution
- Manage operating plan, budget, cash flow and business finances
- Partner with the other members of the Allstate Agency organization to execute on strategies.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with agency owners
- Build and lead an effective and cohesive sales leadership team
- Ensure company objectives and standards of performance are not only understood but owned by management and the employees
- Ensure that the business complies with all applicable legal and regulatory requirements and, where appropriate, best practices
- Establish, achieve, and report on milestones
- Accomplished executive, with 10+ years’ experience in property and casualty insurance and strong track record of delivering on financial objectives
- Able to understand the competitive landscape, create a strategy, clearly articulate that strategy, and execute on the resulting tactical plans
- Experienced in sales strategy and execution
- A bachelor’s degree is required
The successful candidate will demonstrate high change agility, and have the following personal and professional attributes, which are consistent with the company’s stated values:
- Unquestionable integrity, ethical and moral character
- Driven to action and able to articulate and lead a sales operation plan
- Effectively manage multiple demanding and critical projects in a fast-paced environment, ensuring that results and deadlines are achieved without damaging morale
- Capable of communicating effectively with people of varying levels of experience and insurance knowledge, including corporate partners
- Enthusiastic, high-energy and motivating leader: visibly passionate and capable of inspiring and galvanizing an organization
- Able to deal effectively with ambiguity and adapt appropriately to a range of situations
- Experience in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with agents, external customers, regulators and other parties
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.