Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description SummaryTravelers is seeking a collaborative, strategic, and forward-thinking leader for the position of Vice President, Employee Experience (EX). This position will build and manage the EX discipline, advance business outcomes, and drive value through employee experience. Reporting to the Chief Human Resource Officer, this role will serve as an extension of Human Resources (HR) across business lines and also be accountable to Enterprise Customer Experience to build and continuously improve capabilities for Travelers that drive exceptional experiences, better prepare us for the future, and identify new value levers - through the lens of the employee.
This position will be responsible for: Delivering the EX strategic prioritization and execution and KPI development across the full employee lifecycle. Providing a hands-on approach in implementing new programs and engaging the organization in understanding and deriving quantifiable and qualifiable value from EX. Serving as a connector point for all HR disciplines as they effect employee experience. Working to identify and prioritize features/concepts to meet the needs of employees. Providing team direction, prioritization and managing delivery plan. Managing key stakeholders' expectations & alignment.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Establish and own EX strategic priorities and objectives aligned to the Enterprise Experience Framework, with the goal of elevating EX across the full lifecycle while optimizing key performance and value indicators of satisfaction, productivity, retention, acquisition, and development.
- Serve as the employee journeys lead and bring together cross-functional working teams to improve all dimensions of the employee lifecycle to improve core KPIs.
- Lead environment scans or sensing sessions for employees to gather candid and real-time feedback regarding the EX, employee engagement and inclusion.
- Understand/define/refine employee segments and integrate segment-based action plans based on data-driven insights into behaviors and propensities.
- Serve as the 'Voice of the Employee' thoughtfully engaging and, when appropriate, challenging leaders to maintain an 'outside-in' perspective and mindset.
- Build compelling and insightful data-driven presentations to business partners, driving the employee experience priorities and agenda through a combination of data, examples, and storytelling.
- Provide thought leadership and subject matter expertise on employee engagement.
- Serve as a 'culture ambassador' that partners with Travelers' HRGs, EOE and ED&I to use existing measures of engagement to assist leaders with interpreting results and developing succinct and effective actions plans to maintain and improve employee experience.
- Prepare, facilitate and/or engage in EX operating reviews to inform leadership; review shared priorities, progress and performance.
- Serve as a core member of the Travelers Experience Leadership Team (TELT), representing the HR organization in leadership meetings.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in a related human resources, marketing, customer experience, or employee experience role.
- Minimum of 5 years with leading a team with formal or informal influence.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- 8-10 years of experience leading projects and/or journey work in a large, matrixed company.
- Strong understanding of CX/EX methodologies.
- Sophisticated analytical skills with the ability to evaluate human resources metrics and develop KPIs to monitor success of the employee experience journey.
- Strong track record of effectively influencing across multiple teams, senior leaders, organizations, and the enterprise including the ability to influence upward and lead others into 'new' ways of doing things.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to communicate persuasively and influence decision-making across all management levels.
- Demonstrated track record of being open minded in assessing solutions including taking ideas different from own seriously, accepting feedback well and not assuming a single best way.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to effectively order competing priorities. Strong understanding of how projects fit within business objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to translate sometimes ambiguous goals into operating plans and supporting initiatives.
- Deep financial acumen with the ability to proactively assess potential financial impacts of decisions across the enterprise and make recommendations and act when appropriate to implement.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to lead by example while encouraging ownership environment and consistently setting clear direction, goals and priorities for team.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you have questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.