Director, Global Insurance Risk Management (Remote)
Assurant has an exciting remote opportunity for a Director, Global Insurance Risk Management!
The Director oversees and manages Assurants Global Insurance and Risk Management programs and processes. This includes assessment, development, implementation and maintenance of all Global Insurance and Risk Management plans.
Key responsibilities include:
- Evaluating affiliate activities globally for the purpose of contractual risk transfer via insurance in order to reduce risk to the extent practical, to transfer risk to parties best able to control it, to help make informed risk assumption decisions and to provide quality education to affiliate personnel regarding insurance risk management issues
- Working with global insurance brokers to cost-effectively manage the global property & casualty insurance program
- Designing and implementing common practices across all the organizations locations, maintaining resiliency across our multi-site environment while achieving synergy and adding value
- Assessing, developing, testing and implementing policies and procedures to mitigate any potential exposure to the organization
- Creating corporate awareness and enhancing the skills of corporate partners who participate in developing, implementing, maintaining, and executing Global Insurance and Risk Management plans.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Strategic Planning 15%
- Financial Management 15%
- Staff Leadership & Development 15%
- Operational Leadership 30%
- Relationship Management 25%
- Execution, administration and management of Controlled Master Insurance Program, managed out of the USA but now covering all countries.
- Resource and Service provider for enterprise operations globally.
- Communicate, advise, and translate the impact of risk to the business units.
- Provide risk identification and analysis of exposures to determine if the risk should be financed, transferred or avoided.
- Continually evaluate the adequacy of insurance coverages and limits to ensure we maintain appropriate risk retention/financing strategies.
- Provide Management with recommendations to enhance the insurance program. Oversee the renewal process globally between Assurant, insurance brokers in each footprint country, and insurance Carrier underwriters and participate in the negotiations to obtain most beneficial pricing, terms and conditions on insurance coverages.
- Assist VP with insurance related activities for mergers and acquisitions. Oversee the integration of existing insurance coverages into the Assurant program, purchase of runoff coverages, identifying exposures and loss trends and developing action plans to address.
- May have a team with all expectations we have for Assurant managers of people. May guide staffing models globally within matrix environment.
- Help analyze and resolve problems at both strategic and functional level. Understand and communicate business requirements to stakeholders and assist in development of executable recovery solutions.
- Remain abreast of developments in Insurance and Risk Management by pursuing a program of self-development, participating in professional organizations, interacting with peers, reviewing pertinent literature, etc. Incorporate advancements when practicable and cost effective.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS - Experience, Skills and Knowledge:
- College Degree or equivalent
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in the area of Insurance Risk Management.
- 7+ years of progressively more responsible experience in Insurance and Risk Management of a multinational company.
- Experienced in managing a Controlled Master Insurance Program and with working with a team of insurance brokers around the world in various time zones and operating in a wide variety of cultures
- In-depth understanding of various components of risk management- level property & casualty insurance in relation to overall goals and objectives.
- Experience with insurance companies and telecom-related enterprise a plus
- Must be willing to travel as necessary (5%-15% travel for offsite meetings)
PREFERRED: Experience, Skills and Knowledge:
- Bachelors Degree
- Risk certification such as ARM, CIC and/or CPCU, preferred.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Key managerial leadership skills include the following, as well as others identified as competencies for managers in Assurant Talent Manager:
- Analyze Problems and Make Decisions - Commit to a course of action after identifying and assessing alternatives based on logical assumptions, facts, resources, constraints and organizational values.
- Build Credibility and Trust - Adhere to Assurant values and high ethical standards of behavior by demonstrating respect, honesty, consistency and fairness when interacting with colleagues, customers, business partners and other stakeholders.
- Coach and Develop Others - Help others excel on the job and meet key accountabilities by providing timely coaching, guidance and feedback.
- Collaborate with Others - Work effectively with others both within and across Assurant businesses, establishing and maintaining productive working relationships.
- Deliver Results - Tenaciously work to meet or exceed expectations by keeping self and others focused on achieving critical goals.
- Professional/Technical Expertise - Thorough understanding and knowledge of insurance coverages and policy language, workers compensation state laws, and OSHA regulations/requirements human resources policies and procedures and risk assessment procedures, policy formation, and overall program management; ability to relate business requirements and risks to implementation of controls. Ability to function as a consultant to peers and operating businesses on insurance and risk matters as a recognized expert.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to effectively, competently and convincingly interact with Assurants Executive Management, affiliate representatives, outside partners, attorneys, and consultants. Must present self professionally and be able to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Be able to work independently, setting own priorities. Develop and maintain multiple projects simultaneously. Work well under deadlines and have good decision-making capability.
- Ability to evaluate fact situations, identify risk issues and recommend appropriate course of action.
- Proven track record managing diverse staff, establishing direction and standards while maintaining a high level of trust and confidence
- Excellent communication, analytical and organizational skills in disciplines of Risk Management
- Appropriate risk certifications or willingness to obtain (ARM and /or CPCM).
Benefits and Value Proposition
- We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits to full time and part time employees including medical, dental, STD, LTD, life insurance, 401(k), generous paid time off and much more.
- We strive to maintain a professional, yet friendly environment and promote professional and career development for our employees.
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of consideration for employment and employment with the Company are governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
Assurant, a Fortune 500 company and a member of the S&P 500, is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol AIZ. Assurant has approximately $30 billion in assets and $9 billion in annual revenue. Assurant has approximately 14,500 employees worldwide and is headquartered in New York's financial district.