Are You Driven? We Are.
We are a company of driven, enthusiastic and determined people. We celebrate achievement and success. We foster innovation, determination and recognition. Because of that, our employees feel recognized and rewarded for the contributions they make on a daily basis. At GAINSCO, It is our people that set us apart.
If you are looking for a place where you can make a difference, perceive how your work impacts the company, and be recognized for your efforts and passion, then GAINSCO is the company for you.
Why Join GAINSCO?
By joining GAINSCO, you become part of a dynamic and growing organization that has been recognized as a Top Workplace in both our Dallas and Miami offices.
GAINSCOs work environment rewards engaged individuals who have a desire to contribute and succeed. Thats because our culture encourages individuals to grow their skills as they build their careers. Come join us and become a champion with GAINSCO.
What does an ACTUARIAL ANALYST do?
- Rate reviews and rate change proposals. Assist senior level actuarial team on pricing projects. Perform actuarial review of rates and produce rate indication data. Participate in rate change product meetings. Calculate rate change proposal impacts on book of business. Produce rate change impact frequency histogram exhibits. Run data queries off AS-400 system; use SAS to manipulate data into useable pricing template formats.
- Work with IT to deliver production rates timely and accurately.(Prepare system rate set loading tables, rate checkers and rate pages.)Load and test rates in conjunction with Product and IT staff to ensure accurate rates in production.
- Business monitoring reports. Design and maintain monitoring reports. Detect data problems and communicate issues. Answer questions from report users. Provide improvement ideas on streamlining and automating processes.
- Assist senior level actuarial team on reserving projects. Produce loss triangle data and premium-exposure data. Cross check data with internal files and with accounting financial files.
- Produce required exhibits for quarterly financial reporting and audit support. Prepare IBNR (Incurred But Not Reported) information for accounting allocation split files; prepare audit book triangle files; assist auditor testing.
- Produce catastrophe reinsurance model exposure data for reinsurance broker. Collaborate with accounting and claims staff on collecting and evaluating catastrophe claims history information.
- Run data queries off AS-400 system; use SAS to manipulate data into usable pricing template formats.
Data and Business Monitoring Reports:
- Maintain monitoring reports.
- Detect data problems and communicate issues; Answer questions from report users.
- Provide improvement ideas on streamlining information and processes.
Career Development Considerations:
- Pursue actuarial designations through CAS actuarial exam system.
- On the job depth should be gained in insurance, applying actuarial knowledge and learning new skills and techniques.
- Participate in mutually agreed to internal and external training classes.
What is required?
- Bachelors degree, with preference in a quantitative analytical field such as Actuarial Science, Math, Statistics, Data Science, Programming, Finance and Economics; preference is also given to those who are actively pursuing CAS actuarial designations through continuing coursework and examinations
- Completion of at least one actuarial exam
- 1 or more years of Property/Casualty Insurance actuarial pricing/reserving work experience with working knowledge or actuarial pricing/reserving methods is preferred
- Prefer insurance or other relevant work experience
Other skills and abilities:
- REQUIRE advanced skills in and mastery of Microsoft Excel
- Strongly prefer experience in or exposure to VBA, R, AS400, Microsoft Power BI, and other MS Office products
- Excellent organizational skills; keen attention to detail
- Advanced skills in performing mathematical calculation
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- The ability to gather information and express ideas effectively to individuals and groups at all levels of the organization.
- Understanding of non-standard auto insurance is preferred.
Required behaviors for all positions:
- Communicate with co-workers, management, customers, vendors, and others in a courteous and professional manner
- Conform with and abide by all Company codes, regulations, policies, values, work procedures and instructions
- Regular attendance
What else do you need to know?
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Excellent benefits package: medical & dental (Basic plan FREE), vision insurance, life insurance, short term and long term disability insurance
- Parental Leave Policy
- 401K + Company Match
- Paid Vacation + Sick days + Floating Holidays + Company determined Holidays
All offers are contingent upon a background investigation (including employment, education, criminal and DMV verification- when applicable) and a pre-employment drug test with results satisfactory to GAINSCO.
GAINSCO is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
About Gainsco Auto Insurance
GAINSCO Auto Insurance markets non-standard private passenger automobile products through retail agencies, in Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, Oklahoma, Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, and Virginia. GAINSCO Auto Insurance has fully integrated insurance capabilities, including marketing, underwriting, customer service and claims handling. Our operations are bilingual (English/Spanish). If you are looking for a strong stable company with a fast paced environment this is the place for you. At GAINSCO Auto Insurance we take pride in our employees and recognize the importance of strengthening and expanding their skills so they can grow as we grow. We offer an excellent benefits package to our full time employees, which include: Paid Vacation and Holidays; Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance; Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability; Life and AD&D Insurance; 401k Retirement Savings Plan.