Direct Channel - Marketing Director
The world isn’t standing still, and neither is Allstate. We’re moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers’ evolving needs. That’s why now is an exciting time to join our team. As a leader in a corporation with 83,000 employees and agency force members, you’ll have a hand in transforming not only Allstate but a dynamic industry. You’ll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
The Direct Channel Marketing Director will develop and execute conversion-driving marketing to drive insurance quotes and new policies on allstate.com and 1-800-Allstate, as Allstate aims to grow its direct channel exponentially. The director will be the leader tasked with developing and executing the integrated marketing acquisition strategy and plan, including constant media, messaging and creative testing and optimization across tactics. This position works across multiple Marketing centers of excellence to execute the plan, including finance, strategy, research, performance media, one-to-one lead gen, SEO, digital/web engagement, social, creative and measurement & analytics. She/he will partner with the brand advertising lead to ensure approach and messaging is on brand and that Allstate elicits a full-funnel consumer experience. Importantly, the director will partner with the direct channel business leads to ensure marketing is in sync with business goals and product, pricing, technology and other business processes.
- Develop & execute plan to drive exponential insurance policy growth in the direct/digital channel; lead roadmap of plans across short-term and long-term schedule.
- Directly manage campaign effectiveness and ROI of retargeting and acquisition campaigns across digital and non-digital marketing channels.
- Identify opportunities to develop new channels and/or expand existing channels for customer acquisition.
- Integrate with consumer marketing for support on product messaging priorities, creative development and brand/campaign integration.
- Coordinate and gain leverage from digital analytics and measurement team to identify new audiences based on data/segmentation and to support campaign analysis and optimization; review results and optimize frequently.
- Make recommendations for revamping and improving existing direct response and lower funnel programs and tactics, including insurance quote nurture email/mail/calling programs, affiliate marketing and SEO; analyze effectiveness of existing lower funnel online and offline plans, working with a cross-functional team.
The preceding description is not designed to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities. May be required to perform other related duties as assigned. Regular, predictable attendance is an essential function of this job
This job does have supervisory duties
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, business, or related field; MBA/master’s degree preferred
- 10+ years’ experience in B2C e-commerce marketing, particularly leading digital acquisition for a consumer retail business
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Job Qualifications con'd
- Strong relationship management and interpersonal skills (high EQ)
- Digital/Social Marketing (understands how to execute)
- Strong experience presenting to and working directly with executive level leadership
- Global view, comfortable with diversity and complexity (culturally aware)
- Influencing skills (proven ability to persuade others; nuanced decision thinking)
- Organized and attention-to-detail approach (strong tactical execution)
- Innovative (imaginative thinking)
- Organizational leadership and team development (leads through influence)
- Listening skills (listen first, then respond)
- Highly resourceful (stretches people and money; compresses time)
- Ability to express ideas clearly both verbally and in writing (communication excellence)
- Commercial mentality (keen understanding of P&L & financial analysis)
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.