ATSV - Application Developer Lead
The world isn’t standing still, and neither is Allstate. We’re moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers’ evolving needs. That’s why now is an exciting time to join our team. As a leader in a corporation with 83,000 employees and agency force members, you’ll have a hand in transforming not only Allstate but a dynamic industry. You’ll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
Allstate is seeking an Application Developer Lead Consultant to perform the following duties:
- Critique and evaluate detailed business, functional, and high-level technical requirements (including recovery, security and audit)
- Evaluate detailed technical design components and act as a referral expert in appropriate languages, data structures, vended packages, techniques and design methods
- Maintain component design standards
- Design solutions for high-complexity projects
- Ensure that design reviews are scheduled and executed
- Provide feedback and recommends solutions; Ensure that design standards and documentation are followed
- Assist with detailed project estimating and milestone planning
- Review and validate accuracy of others' estimates and works with project managers in continuous process improvement for estimating
- Contribute to determining programming approach, tools, and techniques that best meet the business requirements
- Promote and define development standards
- Perform coding of complex modules, as needed
- Ensure project change management approach is followed and that enhancements are appropriately prioritized and developed, and all documentation is completed appropriately
- Act as technical expert for application developers
- Ensure code review is conducted and certify that code meets quality standards
- Review and critique code presented by team members and ensure that code review is conducted and certify that code meets quality standards
- Lead and organize testing reviews
- Track and resolve complex defects and assist in planning efforts of complex functional tests in support of Quality Control (QC)
- Define and manage process by which support and technical assistance is performed
- Perform root cause analysis to prevent recurrence of problem and manage the resolution of complex problems
- Ensure delivery of change management activities supporting production deployments to Developers, Quality Control Analysts, and Environment Management personnel
- Review application configuration
- Manage vendor relationships
- Master’s degree in computer science, engineering, information systems or related field (willing to accept foreign education equivalent), plus three (3) years of experience in object oriented analysis, design and development of web, enterprise and client/server applications in a highly structured Agile environment.
- Or, alternatively Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, information systems or related field (willing to accept foreign education equivalent), plus five (5) years of experience in object oriented analysis, design and development of web, enterprise and client/server applications in a highly structured Agile environment.
- Must also possess the following:
- Demonstrated experience (DE) developing use cases, system analysis, business process modeling and re-engineering for digital products using open source tools with specific focus on the security management and quality process in adherence to all phases of the software development lifecycle (SDLC) per the Agile methodologies for digital products.
- DE developing and designing digital products using Java/J2EE software, including Spring Framework, Annotation, JPA2, and Hibernate frameworks, and leveraging micro service architecture using latest technologies including Spring-Boot, REST Web Services, or JSON. DE designing, tuning, and supporting Oracle DBMS, ORM technologies and Document store.
- DE designing, developing, implementing, and supporting container software to host web services to build CI/CD pipelines, which integrate and deploy to container software.
- DE gathering and preparing elaborate technical features and applications as demo versions for trial runs and complete rollout for real-time use.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.