Managing Director - Insurance Agency Marketing & Client Service
About the Role
The Managing Director- Marketing and Client Service is a newly created position with a specialized commercial insurance agency in New York City with additional operations in Philadelphia. The firm is in a season of tremendous growth, and the executive leaders recognize the need for a new leader to manage non-sales operations. You’ll focus on creating high performing marketing and account management teams. You’ll utilize the latest technology, workflow strategies and competitive market access to keep client retention at an all-time high.
Duties & Responsibilities
Here’s a sampling of what you’ll be involved with:
- Marketing and carrier development. This includes contract/contingency negotiations as well as personal responsibility for new business & renewal marketing on top tier business clients.
- System utilization to ensure optimal use of the agency’s management systems
- Process management and service efficiencies
- Strengthen relationships within the marketing and account management teams to external partners (clients and insurance companies)
- Ensure high client retention; reinforce & expand client relationships
- Client deliverables (aka coordinate shared resources like claims and loss control)
- Concentrate on book management including how accounts are delegated in the service staff; how top tier clients with account complexities are segmented from the portfolio
- Track book performance (aka % of opportunities closed, submission-to-market ratio and quoting timeliness)
Skills & Experience
- Extensive Commercial P&C retail brokerage background with demonstrated success in leading marketing and client service divisions
- Achievements in process improvement, strategic marketing and client retention initiatives
Location: This position can work from one of two branch offices- New York City or Philadelphia.
Compensation & Perks
$300k+ target compensation depending on experience.