Claims - Property Field Adjuster/Appraiser – Large Loss
Property Field Adjuster/Appraiser – Large Loss
About Pacific Specialty Insurance Company (PSIC):
At PSIC our aggressive growth objectives and commitment to excellence are driving us as we work to build a state of the art claims organization that is focused on leveraging technology, hiring and rewarding great people, and delivering best in class claims service to our customers across the country. PSIC has been a leading provider of property and power sports insurance, protecting millions of people across the country, for over 20 years. Our strong financial performance is supported by our A - rating with A.M. Best.
Our policy offerings include homeowners, condo/townhouse, manufactured homes, renters, umbrella/personal liability, street and off-road motorcycle, ATV’s, personal watercraft, pleasure boat, travel trailer, and motorhome.
Job Summary: As a Property Field Adjuster, you will primarily be responsible for meeting with customers at their home to investigate, assess and facilitate remediation and repair decisions on residential property damage claims with the appropriate level of urgency. Regularly negotiating and reaching agreement with vendors and contractors on repair operations while applying policy contract provisions to resolve claims timely and accurately. Superior verbal and written communication skills are needed to communicate as required throughout the claims process. Must be able to work independently with minimal management involvement.
What are the duties and responsibilities of this position: Provide superior customer service to our Policyholders while working autonomously in the field and out of your home office. Communicating daily with customers to schedule inspections, walking them through the repair process and helping them get back to the place they were before their loss. Regularly assessing damages and completing estimates through computer based estimating software and reaching agreements on scope and cost of repairs with customers and/or their representative both in person and via phone. Accurately document activity and secure claim information within our file and document management system. Complete file summaries and action plans on newly assigned claims/inspections with appropriate updates throughout the life of the claim. Handle incoming calls effectively and return all messages in a timely manner. Responsible for compliance with state insurance regulations and company claims handling guidelines at all times.
What background, credentials and skills are needed to be successful in this position:
• College degree or prior applicable work experience required
• Bilingual in Spanish a plus
• Having a current California adjuster license a plus
• (all hires will be required to obtain appropriate State adjuster licenses during first year of employment - costs to obtain are eligible for company reimbursement)
• Excellent organization and time management skills
• Solid analytical skills
• Ability to make timely and accurate decisions
• Strong negotiation skills Xactimate
• Ability to work independently with minimal management oversight
• Work location: Regularly in Field and from Home Office
• Xactimate/Xactanalysis proficiency
• Construction expertise and knowledge as it relates to residential Property
• Must have a valid California driver’s license with an acceptable driving record for this position
• Large Loss adjusting/appraising experience. (minimum 3 years experience)
• Proficiency in completing estimates in excess of $100k
• Travel 25%. Primarily in California, but occasionally other states
Other Important Information:
Location(s) –Greater Bay Area or Sacramento or Inland Empire/Orange County in California
Competitive Compensation – Salaries will be established commensurate with experience
Benefits - Protection is the name of the game in the insurance industry, and we believe in benefit plans that offer protection to our employees for medical, dental, vision, life, disability and retirement plans. Our 401k plan and company match are second to none. The company will make a matching contribution equal to 60% of your qualified deferral contribution!
We offer an excellent benefits package, an outstanding 401k and a business casual work environment. If you are interested in this position please provide together a resume and cover letter explaining how you feel your skills meet the requirements of this position and apply today!
Pacific Specialty Insurance Company is a member of the McGraw Group of Affiliated Companies
Pacific Specialty Insurance Company is an equal opportunity employer