Agency Management Specialist- Eastern Pennsylvania
- Develop an agency force that pre-qualifies accounts, in-house rates using CLAS, processing small business using One & Done and/or the Service Center, and recognizes the value of the AMS position to help them write new profitable business and achieve agency goals.
- Makes consistent underwriting decisions, adheres to company pricing philosophies and promotes ease of doing business with Selective.
- Monitors agency results and follows up with agent both as to growth/profitability/share of wallet and compliance with companys initiatives, procedures and policies.
- Develop professional working relationship with agent, regional underwriting and claim teams and corporate departments. Assists in directing BSU technical specialists for regional ITS training of agency personnel.
- Keeps two-way communication between agent and company continuously open and viable and encourages agent usage of all Selective systems, including CLAS, PLUS and e-Select.
- Performs inspections as determined by Loss Control Guide. Makes risk improvement or correction of deficiency recommendations and promptly follows up on same, documenting the file accordingly.
- Stays alert for and advise company of any industry information, new ideas, products, or changes in other carrier philosophies that could positively or adversely affect Selective.
- Audit agents One & Done book of business and provide quality assurance feedback to agent and underwriting team.
- Meet regularly and frequently with CMS, Loss Control Rep, Bond Rep, Personal Lines Rep (if applicable) to discuss agency opportunities for greater growth and profit.
- Must be able to drive an automobile to travel within territory. Car travel represents approximately 40-50% of employees time.
KNOWLEDGE & REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be results oriented with a proven track record in establishing, prioritizing and achieving business goals.
- Demonstrated superior communication, negotiation & presentation skills
- Must be a high achiever with superior organizational skills who is self-motivated, pro-active, flexible, and able to work independently, from a remote location.
- Must be able to maximize technology to ensure high productivity (Must be proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and all internal business related software).
- Must have valid state-issued drivers license in good standing and be able to drive an automobile.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- College degree preferred with 5+ years underwriting, marketing or field underwriting experience.
- The following experience is preferred:
3 years Agency Management, rating
2 year Claims, Loss Control Inspection
Selective is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Selective maintains a drug-free workplaceQualifications
Licenses & Certifications