- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
At Seibels, we believe our people are our most important asset. They are the driving force behind our mission and the reason we are able to provide best-in-class services to the property and casualty insurance industry. Our culture is founded upon four core values: collaboration, accountability, respect, and transparency. Upholding this culture and embodying it in all that we do is paramount to the organization and its success.
We want our team members to have a passion for work, and share a thirst for knowledge and a hunger for learning more. If this sounds interesting to you, we look forward to receiving your application.
The Pricing Analyst is responsible for assisting in the development of cost, pricing and staffing analysis and modeling for insurance processing services. This position works within Business Development and will work in collaboration with accounting, underwriting, claims, IT, PMO and other departments as necessary to achieve targeted goals.
- Compiles and validates data, performs statistical analysis, and summarizes the results.
- Structures and analyzes current data and trends to assist with cost, staffing, and pricing models.
- Proactively manages pricing adequacy and develops prospective pricing and staffing using various analysis techniques.
- Creates and updates cost and pricing tools and calculates impact to revenue.
- Performs univariate research.
- Provides quarterly updates to the executive team, monitors process changes throughout the year, and ensures continuous updates to models as necessary to ensure model and pricing accuracy.
- Reviews monthly, quarterly, and annual measurement of actual performance to models by contract and by department.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Math/Statistics, Economics, Finance or a related field.
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience with BPO service provider, P&C insurer, MGA, actuarial consulting firm, or similar organization in a pricing related role.
- Advanced skills in Excel with knowledge of spreadsheet functionality including VLOOKUP, pivot tables, charts, graphs and macros.
- Experience with statistical analysis tools.
- Basic to intermediate competence in SQL.