At Seibels, we seek Team Members who have a passion for work, a thirst for knowledge, and a hunger for learning more. If this sounds interesting to you, we look forward to receiving your application for the Configuration Developer!
The Configuration Developer is responsible for configuration and development work within several areas of the Guidewire InsuranceSuite, with a focus on PolicyCenter including Policy Transactions, Product Modeling, Quoting, Rating Management, Forms Management, Policy Revisioning, Batch Framework and Policy Center Administration.
Develop and make configuration changes within Guidewire InsuranceSuite with a focus on PolicyCenter including Policy Transactions, Product Modeling, Quoting, Rating Management, Forms Management, Policy Revisioning, Batch Framework and Policy Center Administration.
- Write and maintain technical documentation to describe program development, logic, and modifications.
- Update story cards in Jira.
- Provide support for Quality Assurance and User Acceptance Testing prior to implementation into a Production environment.
- Recreate steps taken by testers to locate and modify software inconsistencies.
- Provide status to Workstream Lead and/or Project Manager.
- Communicate design and development issues and problem resolution through voice mail, e-mail, collaboration software, or in person as appropriate.
What would make you an ideal candidate?
- 2-Year Technical or 4-Year Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or IT focused discipline.
- 3 plus years’ experience in Guidewire InsuranceSuite configuration and development.
- Strong Gosu and Java background as well as experience utilizing Guidewire Studio and Bitbucket.
- Jira and Confluence experience is a plus.
- Insurance experience a plus.