ICW Group is looking for an IT Project Manager II to join the team and tactically execute upon project work. The purpose of this job is to coordinate a small project team or part of a larger team to successfully deliver business results. The position exists to manage all facets of a project: risks, issues, communications, budget, scope, schedule, quality, etc. as well as serving as the key point of contact for stakeholders.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Manages a small project team or part of a larger team of lesser complexity and risk.
- Manages the teams execution of project tasks in an outcome focused mindset demonstrating a high degree of integrity.
- Manages the teams approach to addressing change or stressful situations.
- Enables an environment where collaboration is effective and focused on delivering impactful business results.
- Seeks opportunities to improve the teams value by providing constructive suggestions.
- Leverages data when making decisions, gathers new information and insight to work through complex issues.
- Communicates progress and escalations effectively.
- Works closely with technical teams to develop and track release milestones and schedules.
- Understands, tracks and communicates issues, risks and action items in a timely manner.
- Leads internal status meetings and effectively captures, stores and distributes meeting notes.
Leverages project management principles and best practices to ensure the success of project.
- Guides other team members on project management best practices and continues to expand mastery of his/her own.
- Coordinates project activities, identifies appropriate resources needed, and develops schedules to ensure timely completion of the project.
- Creates and executes project plans and revises as appropriate to meet continuously changing needs and requirements.
- Provides regular updates and progress reports to internal teams and Stakeholders.
- Collaborates with business and project team to define project scope, requirements, and deliverables.
- Tracks key project milestones and adjusts project plans and/or resources to meet the needs of customers.
- Monitors the compliance of project plans by ensuring team members follow policies and procedures.
Serves as key point of contact for stakeholders.
- Acts as point of escalation internall for all issues.
- Maintains and cultivates working relationships with team members and other involved departments.
- Serves as subject matter expert for current project.
This role does not have supervisory responsibilities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's Degree from a college or university required with a major or emphasis in Information Technology, Engineering or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Masters Degree preferred. Minimum 5 years of relevant technical work experience required. Minimum 3 years of relevant experience as a Project Manager required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Certified Scrum Master (CSM), Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO), and Insurance certification for domain-specific areas (AINS, AIC, ARM, etc.) required within 1 year of hire. Project Management Professional (PMP), IT Service Management (ITIL), and Process Optimization (BPM, Six Sigma, Lean) certifications preferred.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Working knowledge of project management principles and practices. Knowledge of insurance is preferred but not required. Proven outcome focused mindset and resiliency to change. Ability to be self-organizing and coach others on the same. Ability to understand both technical and business complexity. Proven ability to question status quo; troubleshoot and partner with others to identify course of resolutions. Positive attitude and temperament to work with others in a team environment. Strong presentation and communication skills. Effective decision making skills and strong user skills in MS Office applications. Demonstrated competency in Project Management processes, tools and techniques; waterfall and agile (SCRUM) SDLCs. Familiar with a variety of IT concepts, practices, tools, and procedures.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently will sit, stand, walk, and bend during working hours. Requires manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Required to lift and carry relatively light materials. Requires normal or corrected vision and hearing corrected to a normal range.
This position operates in an office environment and requires frequent use of a computer, telephone, copier and other standard office equipment.