The purpose of this job is to support, maintain, and improve applications and integrations in a cost effective, secure, high performing, and customer centric manner. This position exists to support the IT goals of the company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Provides application technical support to Program Teams.
- Learns business processes as they pertain to application and integration workflow.
- Troubleshoots and resolves application and integration related incidents and problems.
- Formulates and presents solutions to application issues.
- Remediates simple application issues and runs it through the teams delivery cycle.
- Documents incidents and problems with appropriate level of detail.
Improves the supportability and maintainability of insurance systems.
- Analyzes support pain points and provides solutions to address the commonly recurring incidents.
- Participates in design and development cycle of the team.
- Advocates the inclusion of appropriate non-functional requirements in order to enhance business processes, operations, and information process flow.
- Assists the team in release related activities.
- Assists the team with the implementation of technical improvements.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and minimum 1 year of information systems experience required. Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; Computer Science, Information Systems, or related degree preferred; or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
ITIL and Insurance Certifications preferred.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
Knowledge of insurance and ITIL Framework and Best Practices is preferred. Ability to craft simple queries/statements in SQL and Splunk. Ability to troubleshoot and trace problematic processes/code to log files. Basic understanding of system engineering, object-oriented design, information risk and security guidelines, and architecture standards. Basic understanding of API standards for communicating and integration between applications. Familiarity with the basic Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) framework and its corresponding artifacts.
This job operates in a professional office environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently will sit, stand, walk, and bend during working hours. Requires manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. May be required to lift light objects. Requires normal or corrected vision and hearing corrected to a normal range.