Cloud Product Manager
The world isn’t standing still, and neither is Allstate. We’re moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers’ evolving needs. That’s why now is an exciting time to join our team. As a leader in a corporation with 83,000 employees and agency force members, you’ll have a hand in transforming not only Allstate but a dynamic industry. You’ll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
The Cloud Engineering, Design and Security Team at Allstate is on a mission to enable the acceleration of Allstate’s business by building a flexible, cost effective multi-cloud platform. As a product manager for a suite of cloud products or platforms, you will work closely with business leaders, engineers, and architects to shape Allstate’s cloud strategy and offerings. In this role you will drive vision, strategy, leadership and overall success for one or more cloud services. You will work cross-functionally to guide products from ideation to launch by connecting the technical and business worlds.
The Cloud Product Manager manages strategic product vision, product discovery, roadmaps, financials, and backlog to maximize the customer and enterprise value provided by their product. The Cloud Product Manager works closely with key stakeholders, partners, and customers to ensure the successful definition and execution of go-to market and communications strategies for their products. Cloud Product Managers are also responsible for actively participating in our learning culture; including coaching and mentoring staff, stakeholders, and peers on lean product mindset and agile. The role focuses on delivering business value to drive cloud adoption, improve efficiency, and improve customer satisfaction through the production of quality cloud products and services.
Role and Responsibilities
- Partner with product managers, engineers, leadership and other business areas to define problem statements, product vision, and success criteria.
- Grow, manage and maintain the product roadmap for cloud services that align with business objectives and outcomes.
- Break down complex problems into steps that drive product development.
- Write user stories and manage the backlog for engineering team. Create, manage and maintain product backlog in VersionOne.
- Communicate progress on initiatives, including progress toward goals and risks, to stakeholders, partners and internal teams.
- Provide education to product teams across the company on managing applications in cloud environments and how to effectively use cloud resources and services.
- Represent the team with cross-functional partners and senior company leaders in order to align resources and prioritization.
- 5+ years in technical product management or technology development experience working in a fast-paced agile, scrum, XP or lean environment
- Experience developing/launching products/technologies within one or more of the following: Cloud, platform-as-a-service, enterprise, and/or internal tools
- Experience in one or more of the following: cloud infrastructure, big data, security and privacy, or development and operations.
- Experience facilitating design thinking sessions including scoping, discovery, and inception
- Experience operating in an environment driven by KPIs where you have the accountability to determine the best course of action to meet your goals
- Ability to communicate complex and innovative concepts to a new product development team
- Clear passion for topics of technology products and an ability to identify possibilities to innovate in our product space
- Demonstrated ability to partner with cross-functional teams across the organization.
Job Specific Skills
- Strong understanding and experience of cloud services across multiple providers
- Solid understanding of the different functional, security, operational, financial and organizational factors that play into running a large-scale infrastructure, especially in public cloud
- Entrepreneurial with a strong inclination towards action, preferably with experience shipping products or technologies.
- Ability to be self-directed and to proactively anticipate problems and seek opportunities
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.