Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description SummaryThis exceptional systems Architecture career opportunity with the Travelers Companies and our industry leading Business Insurance Division is a stellar opportunity that offers a broad range of career progression! ?The primary function of this role is to partner with line of business (LOB) application teams and Travelers enterprise teams to deliver secure cloud applications to production. This is a hands-on technology role for which 3+ years of relevant experience and 5+ years of industry experience strongly preferred.
Primary Job Duties & ResponsibilitiesCollaborate with agile teams to develop cloud applications by providing architecture guidance and hands-on technical coding/scripting support during all phases of agile SDLC
- Evolve re-usable architectures and document best practice patterns for cloud-native development in both public and hybrid cloud usage scenarios.
- Evaluate new cloud technologies for fit-for-purpose and socialize architecture recommendations with agile teams
- Resolve adhoc architecture and technology support requests from application developers as it relates to cloud technologies
- Partner with Travelers enterprise teams on cloud initiatives and support solutioning of LOB application developer concerns
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- 1 year of technology related experience required.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred.
- 2 years of product/project management and/or Software Development Life Cycle preferred.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Has master level knowledge of multiple programming disciplines and a thorough understanding of the business that the assigned projects are supporting.
- Uses this understanding of the business and systems environment to develop appropriate and timely solutions to daily issues.
- Has conceptual knowledge of varying technologies and the ability to make decisions based on that knowledge.
- Cloud patterns including PaaS and IaaS, containers, microservices/API-driven and event-driven application design
- Cloud technologies including AWS, Azure, GCP, Kubernetes (OpenShift experience preferred)
- Infrastructure as Code (IaC), automated deployment (CI/CD) and security-first development practices
- Strong written and verbal communication, strategic thinking and collaborative mindset
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you have questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.