Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description SummaryOur technology product is designed for IT & Communications Product & Service Providers, Electronics Manufacturing & Assembly and Medical Technology. Covers include Property, Business Interruption, Employers, Public and Products Liability, Professional Indemnity and Cyber. Our clients range from companies paying £1,000 premium to large and complex organisations with global exposures.
We are looking for a Senior Underwriter with an entrepreneurial approach to business, to join an ambitious and growing company and help us in the next stage of our development. This is a high profile role within the organisation which offers numerous avenues for career development. You might have experience in Property and Casualty or perhaps PI underwriting, the key for us is your enthusiasm for learning and developing this product with us.
We aim to offer an inclusive and flexible approach to how and when you work, as well as good work-life benefits. We are happy to discuss all types of flexible working with you, when you join us for your interview. While we may not be able to accommodate exactly what you want, we are always open to having the conversation.
Be Committed, Be Connected, Be Creative and Be Energised - these are the values we are passionate about. Understanding and embracing our values will shape your success and contribute to making this a great place to work. The following key activities form a core part of your role;
- Underwrite and assess risk to maximise business growth and profitability for allocated broker panel.
- Make appropriate decisions within own underwriting authority in addition to considered, intelligent and complete recommendations to technical underwriting/business leadership.
- Negotiate terms and conditions consistent with underwriting requirements and service.
- Accountable for accurate underwriting documentation and information in account management systems and adherence to Travelers' documentation standards.
- Develop and leverage broker/client relationships through a high level of visibility and using a disciplined sales management approach (e.g. planning and follow-up for broker and prospective customer visits/meetings) in support of business objectives.
- Working with Distribution, effectively assist in the development, documentation and execution of sales plans with emphasis on increasing marketing and sales activities outside the office.
- Seek out and maintain collaborative relationships with colleagues in other business units and regions to foster business development across Travelers.
- Develop the regional business alongside local leadership, training and coaching Underwriters on the product and services
To be successful you will need to consistently deliver a great experience in every customer contact; connect with the right partners internally to find creative solutions to problems; be a role model and behave in a way that actively supports an inclusive work environment; and consistently deliver on your commitments.
- Previous experience of underwriting in Property and Casualty classes of business.
- Incumbents are required to hold a full and valid driving licence.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Degree education preferred.
- Typically has proven experience in Underwriting, including identifying and developing new business opportunities.
- General knowledge of the local insurance marketplace.
- Thorough knowledge of organisational and regulatory rules, policies, procedures and effectively employs that knowledge in day to day work activities.
- General knowledge of technical underwriting.
Licensing or Certificates
- ACII qualification preferred
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Advanced knowledge and ability required in respect of analytical thinking, judgment, decision making, communication and strong team work.
- Demonstrates proven ability in respect of broker planning and engagement activities.
- Demonstrates advanced ability in the areas of customer focus and positive broker interaction.
- Demonstrates intermediate knowledge and ability in respect of Microsoft Office systems including Excel and Powerpoint.
- Typically demonstrates advanced relationship management skills.
Environmental / Work Schedules / Other
- Travel Requirements: Travel Occasionally
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you have questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.