Assurant is seeking an Accountant to be part of the Reinsurance Solutions team!
What You Should Know About Us
- Assurant, Inc. helps people protect what matters most to them
- We have been around for a while with our roots tracing back to 1892
- We are a Fortune 500 company employing approximately 15,000 people in 21 countries
- We provide specialty protection products and related services to safeguard against risks
- Prepare various monthly/quarterly reinsurance statements.
- Prepare various month-end and quarter-end journal entries.
- Prepare monthly client balance sheet reconciliations and P&L reviews.
- Assist in the coordination of the quarterly client flux explanations for various Assurant legal entities.
- Prepare entity reporting schedules for various Assurant legal entities, including Schedule S and/or Schedule F, footnotes to the Annual Statements, and General Interrogatories.
- Monitor Trust (custodial) accounts and letters of credits for various entities reinsurers used as collateral and reported on Schedule S and/or Schedule F.
- Assist with various state compliance and financial audits as they relate to reinsurance and commission accounting for the department.
- Perform quality review of SOX Controls.
- Assist with the coordination of SOX Audits with Risk and Advisory Services and our external auditors.
- Coordinate conference calls/meetings with the clients and/or other departments to resolve issues/discrepancies.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance
- 3-4 years of related experience
- Knowledge of accounting principles
- Proficient in MS Word and MS Excel
- Ability to work overtime, particularly during quarter-end and when needed
- Knowledge of premium, commission, and related asset/liability accounts
- Captive or Facultative reinsurance experience a plus