Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description SummaryTravelers Enterprise Business Intelligence and Analytics team is looking for a Senior Director within the Artificial Intelligence space to lead the technology architecture and strategy. The right individual will possess, technical, process and people skills in managing one or more focused teams within the portfolio of artificial intelligence. This role is responsible for developing and leading the Artificial Intelligence Architecture patterns, technology choices and designs. This role establishes strong partnerships with business, IT and functional leadership and provides direction and guidance for leading the Artificial Intelligence Architecture patterns, technology choices and designs.
The Ideal Candidate would have very strong experience in Data Science and AI. The candidate should be able to facilitate relationships with senior personnel, as well as easily interact and give guidance to Data Engineers, Developers and Architects to deliver to the goals within iterations, program increments and initiative. The right individual will have strong experience in statistics, AI Services like deep learning, technical skills in programming and public cloud.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Participate in the build and development of AI Solutions
- Build frameworks and solutions to implement analytics solutions as API-Microservices, API- Cloud etc.
- Research and experiment on new and emerging technologies in the areas of data and analytics
- Drive automation through newer frameworks including but not limited to Cloud, Containerization etc.
- Work closely with the Business, R&D-modelling community, IT , Innovation community and business teams in blending the thoughts and solutions in delivering business effective solutions
- Conduct PoV and related MVP for new ideas and solutions to evangelize the idea through practical usage
- Work closely with project implementation teams in implementing the MVP to a real-world use case
- Helps define the strategy and process for solutions and roadmaps for architectural recommendations.
- Provides oversight of the governance process and ensures adherence through blueprint and design reviews.
- Designs and implements the strategy for stability and performance of solutions (including - project level design, debug and performance analysis) at the line of business and/or enterprise level.
- Helps set the strategy for escalating priorities for remediation of application stability and performance.
- Provides leadership in identifying new concepts, ideas, techniques, best practices and technology assistance (best practices, guidelines and models for supported technologies).
- Collaborates across enterprise on common portfolios or domains.
- Partner with vendors and product management areas to establish required infrastructures and frameworks.
- Lead product evaluations and Proof of Concepts.
- Educates and influences customers on the most effective use of technology.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- 6 years of experience in enterprise, application, and/or information architecture required.
- 3 years of experience managing others and/or technical teams.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred.
- 9 years of experience in enterprise, application, and/or information architecture preferred.
- 5 years of experience managing others and/or technical teams.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Technical Knowledge:
- Strong hands-on experience in application development using Java/NodeJS/Python
- Strong experience cloud based technologies -AWS/Azure
- Experience on Hadoop and NoSQL- MongoDB , Graph DB
- Experience in cloud technologies- AWS, Azure, GCP
- Experience /Exposure to predictive modelling - Machine Learning , Deep Learning etc.
- Advanced conceptual understanding of capabilities and direction of technology, coupled with an in-depth knowledge of the technology required and the needs of business environments necessary to support assigned projects.
- Management & Team Orientation:
- Able to understand of staff roles and abilities and provide input regarding their development.
- Able to build and maintain partnerships across the organization and influence effectively.
- Able to put success of the team above own interest.
- Problem Solving & Decision Making:
- Advanced analytical and diagnostics skills.
- Able to solve highly complex problems by using accepted processes or creating new approaches to leverage technology.
- Able to see the big picture and is aware of broader enterprise direction.
- Ability to assess the long-term and short-term implications of decisions.
- Able to manage cross-functional objectives and/or priorities.
- Able to set appropriate levels of risk taking and gathers/synthesizes information before making decisions.
- Commitment to Quality Results:
- Advanced communication skills - able to ensure all stakeholders are informed of developments that impact their functions. Able to effectively tailor communications to audience.
- Able to anticipate customer needs and change accordingly.
- Planning & Project Management:
- Ability to execute projects accurately, on time, and within budget.
- Able to reassess and adjust tactical and/or operation direction of project.
- Financial Awareness:
- Advanced financial awareness. Understands fiscal budgeting and expense control process.
- Demonstrates sound cost-effectiveness.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you have questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.